Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Ridiculous!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok so i am having one of my moody days! Anyway so i babysit my brother and my moms friends daughter during the day and today my brother really really wanted McDonalds for lunch. So I caved in and we went and got some. I always order the same thing everytime i get the 10 piece chicken nugget meal and then i get a double cheeseburger and put it in the fridge for later because i get full off of the chicken nuggets. FYI i only had 20 dollars to spend and this was my personal money. And then i get my brother the 6 piece kids meal and an extra order of fries and i ordered the sme thing for the girl and she said thats not what i want. I said ok what do you want. She told me she wanted the 10 piece. Are you kiding me. I was so mad im 18 and pregnant and i get the 6 piece she is like 9 you dont need all that food. Plus we have lots of snacks here at the house. And her mother doesnt bring in food for her to eat so she eats our food and she only like chicken nuggets and corn dogs and french fries which are like 6 dollars each. Im so over it! So now i have 2 dollars left over and she didnt even say thank you. I know this was pointless and i prob sound stupid but i just needed to vent!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ThinknPinkMom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:21 PM
I do not think it is stupid.  I would have probably been mad too.  I don't send food for my son to his babysitter, but that was because she said not to.  But I totally understand where you're coming from.  She should have just been happy with getting the six piece!  :o)

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

AbbysMomma1218
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:21 PM
I dont think you sound stupid.  Her mother should be bringing some kind of food for her.  I also think her mother should probably feed her alittle healthier food if she's gonna be eating all that.  I cant even finish all that food I dont know how she does

hpypamom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:28 PM
it's not stupid at all. i would have been po myself. i watch this girl 2-3 days a week and her father doesn't even bring food for her. the child can eat let me tell you.anyway i told her father that he has to start bringing food for her or i was going to start charging him weekly to watch her bc i have 3 kids of my own and food shopping is expensive as it is without buying extra for his child. he said ok,i felt bad bc he is a long time friend of mine and he is a single dad and her mother doesn't want nothing to do with her but i had ran out of options.
nana812
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:31 PM

that aint stupid i would of been mad to...thats y wen i leave my son at my mothers even dough shes my mother i still leave her money and bring food for my son could eat and i leave the money just in case he wants something from store or some fast food food....so u have all means to be mad...if i was you ill let the girls mother now that she has to atleast leave you some money for her daughter just in case you get in this suitation again....

NEWMOM0807
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:34 PM
yummm...I always get the 10 piece nugget meal also!! With a large sweet tea and BBQ and Sweet & sour sauce :o) Now I'm hungry!
Mandola21
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:40 PM
Um yeah, I would have said no. There's no reason a 9 year old needs 10 chicken nuggets, that's not healthy at all. I would definately talk to whoever drops her off about it, you're not responsible for paying for other people's food, I can understand paying for your brother, that's fine, but you're doing them a favor by watching her, and they should respect that and send her with food or give you money for food.
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)