Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel Lost in pool of weight!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:18 AM
  • 4 Replies
I can't seem to lose my baby weight, With my daughter I was 16 and my doc wanted me to gain alot of weight I gained 67Lbs, with my son I only gained 20lbs but i hadn't lost but 20lbs  from my daughter and now I feel like I am huge and unattractive. I just can't seem to lose it, I walk everyday, and eat properly the only thing thats bad is I drink soda, I am afraid to cut down on calories because I am breastfeeding and i don't want to diminsh his nutrients. Any advice on what to do?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
krisgres
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:24 AM

try cutting out breads and sugars (even sodas) drink unsweet tea or 100% fruit juice and around2 gallons of water a day ( this also helps your milk to be more satisfying for the baby) Good Luck
-Kristin
Gabkat
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:27 AM
I don't think you should be to concerned if you cut some calories out of your diet. If you are eating healthy you should be fine and your baby too. Your body won't miss empty calories. Sounds like you are doing good though, just keep it up. Good luck to you :)
marshallsmomma
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:47 AM
first off, QUIT DRINKING SODA!! all that is is empty calories - meaning there is NO nutritional value whatsoever and your baby will get nothing from it, and neither will you, except for extra weight! i PROMISE you, if you quit drinking soda you will be much better off! i would just stay away from all sweets (except treat yourself once in a while to a cookie/brownie/small scoop of ice cream or you will go crazy!!) stick with the "good carbs" (i.e. whole grains), veggies/fruits, good fats (mono and polyunsaturated fats aka non animal fats), but keep some animal fats in your diet too - but more like chicken, low-fat cheese, 2% milk, etc. rather than butter, fatty cheese and whole milk. like you said you dont want to cut your baby's nutrients, but dont over-eat and definitely dont drink anymore soda!!!
Kenzie_2
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:19 PM
When I was nursing I was pretty obsessed with losing weight because I too had gained 60lbs.  But I did a lot of reading and it said that it is ok to cut back on calories when you are trying to lose weight because your body will make your milk from the stored fat you have.  Your not suppose to cut back alot on calories, but I cut back about 300 calories a day and I started losing weight like crazy.  So I hope things work out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)