Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Maybe its just me....

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:13 AM
  • 5 Replies
So, i work in a Mall....and i probably wouldn't have really noticed this if i didn't work there (even tho this happends anywhere i go).  I've noticed that when i'm out, without my son, i get some of the nastiest looks from other mothers (its more from the older moms, but i get it from all different ages) as if i dont know what its like to be a mom!  I know when you first look at me, i don't look like your TYPICAL mom. (EVEN THO THERES NOT A "TYPICAL" MOM...I'M NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE!) i'm only 98lb's, 5'2", bright red hair, piercings and tattoo's everywhere....I know i don't look like i've had my son by any means (and if anyone knew the struggle i've had with my weight, you'd understand where i'm coming from) but i think it's quite interesting how some mom's are quick to judge by appearance.  I wish i could explain the look in their eyes when i have those encounters...its like a "bitch, you have no idea what its like!  just wait till you have one of your own, you wont be smiling like that!  you wont be small like  that anymore...and how the  HELL are you gonna explain those tattoos!" kinda looks.  i could on and on about what i'm sure their thinkin' in their head when they see me...but if you only knew the shit i've been thru...you'd think twice about shootin' those nasty looks at people.  You don't know me, and i don't know you....so can't we just let things flow? why do people have to judge based on appearance?

i guess i just wanna know if anyone has these thoughts, or issue?  i have a feeling i'm not the only one.....

"...stay positive and love your life!"
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
1UniqueMama
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:15 AM
Really ive never been the one to care what other people think of me.

Im sure lots of people think bad things bout me but i just dont care or think about it. Dont worry about what thier thinking. When they say something then maybe react nicely.
lilmommy2too
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:17 AM
thats kinda odd... you would think you would get theese weird looks while WITH your son...
i dont see why ppl would look at your bad when your working or alone.. maybe they are just jealous of your body type?... i have no idea... but ...
yesterday when i went grocery shopping with my 3 year old and my partner.. when we were paying some old lady was staring me down!... just because im pregnant and have a 3 year old.. she was looking at me and shaking her head.. like what the hell?..
ppl really need to stop judging others.. she doesnt know me or anything!..
so just keep your head up and dont let it get to you!..
SintheticDesign
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:25 AM
I know how that goes. I have 2 kids both girls.
I also have 15 piercings all in my facial area.
I get looks and questions but when I have my kids with me they smile. o_0
On maybe one occasion I've almost gotten in a fight with someone because they said. ' Oh I feel bad for hers kids. Like at her. '
People are fucking stupid.
xanayda
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:26 AM

DONT FEEL BAD! BD HAD TATS ALL OVER HIM AND I HAVE A FEW LARGE ONES THAT HE DID. WHEN WE ARE ALL IN THE STORE OR SOMETHING WE ALWAYS GET SOME KINDA LOOKS BUT I THINK ITS KINDA FUNNY. I WAVE OR SAY HEY. MOST OF THE TIME THEY GET STUCK AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY AND KEEP WALKING. SO FUNNY!!!!

LPsTattooedMa
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Quoting 1UniqueMama:

Really ive never been the one to care what other people think of me.

Im sure lots of people think bad things bout me but i just dont care or think about it. Dont worry about what thier thinking. When they say something then maybe react nicely.

oh, like i give a shit what they think about me! i have my son, and my amazing life and i'm damn proud of it!  i was just asking if anyone noticed the same thing as me...or if it happends to them too.  I'm not mean to anyone....and when comments are made twords me, i respond VERY nicely and positivly...it's all about karma baby! 

"...stay positive and love your life!"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN