Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Daycare! good or bad?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:58 AM
  • 22 Replies
Ok so I refuse to put my son in daycare.  I just can't imagine anyone else responsible for raising my kid or my kid spending the majority of his time with someone who is not family.  I'm not knocking parents who use daycare it very helpful.  My husband on the other  hand is pushing me to put our eleven month old in daycare.  Just wanted to know what everyone elses opinion is on this issue? does anyone feel the same as me?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shanna7313
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:01 PM
I will not put my child in daycare. I like being responsible for her growth and development. dh isn't pushing me either lol. plus ifr I go to work i would work to pay for daycare which is pointless.

i do not trust day care workers either: you never know with them.

lilmommy2too
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:02 PM
Yes I felt the very same way!...
my son is now 3 years old and has never been put in day care..
although i am now looking for a preschool for him but it will only be 2.5 hours in the day and i dont plan to take him everyday!...

I am not preggo with number 2 and i dont have plans to put him in day care either... but some ppl do it because they need the second income...
if you have someone who can watch your children *your mom or sister or someone close*... i think that is WAY  better then day care...
Heather_Morgan
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:02 PM
I feel the same way as you!! I'm not gonna put my daugter in daycare unless I absolutey have to. Just all those stories you here about daycare scare me and I don't want anyone else to raise my kid.
hhorton
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:04 PM
My son won't be going in to day care. If someone needs to watch him, it's either my parents or my best friend, who are all wonderful with him. I had a bad experien ce in daycare as a child, and as soon as my parents found out they pulled me out and my mom stopped working, but I'd rather not risk it with my son.
1boyn1girl2love
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:07 PM
well im not against daycare persay its just not for me or my son....my son is the kind of boy that brings home every cold he can from his kindergarten class. i feel like if i put him in daycare that would just get worse, for him, his newborn baby sister, me and my husband. right now when i work he is either with my mother or my moither in law....between all of us we manage to chip in and cover all the times he needs care. and as far as poor child care providers i have a friend who owns her own daycare and shes wonderful, she even pesters me about enrolling my kids whom she adores but health wise it really isn't for me
lil_mama12
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:09 PM
i refuse to put my son in daycare, he needs to be with someone i know that will take care of him properly and not only that think about all the bad things that have happened in daycare places numerous times. when my mom left me at a daycare ladys house she beat me everyday really bad and even tried to get me to try and kill my infant sister. i do not trust daycare. you could even set up play dates for you baby  and you would be the one with him not some stranger.not only that but it is very very expensive.
samarasmama
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:11 PM
i have to agree with everybody i dont feel comfortable with putting my child in daycare because everytime i turn on the t.v there is something about child molestation and children getting beat i just cant take that risk personally
MamaRudey
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:12 PM
I didn't have children so someone else can raise them. Plain and simple.

KaireasMommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:12 PM
i will be putting y daughter in day care in the fall so i can o to cosmetology school and still work full time. its only for 12 months so i know it will be worth it when i have my license. it can only help make our l]iv[-'s
]betpte[pp-[

dreamer_8568
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:15 PM
i must be a bad mom because my oldest has been in daycare for almost 2 years and my other 2 kids have gone there since they were 2 weeks old because i couldnt take that much time off work. but i know all the people that work there, they love my kids and they also have cameras so i can watch online while i am at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)