Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Daycare! good or bad?

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok so I refuse to put my son in daycare.  I just can't imagine anyone else responsible for raising my kid or my kid spending the majority of his time with someone who is not family.  I'm not knocking parents who use daycare it very helpful.  My husband on the other  hand is pushing me to put our eleven month old in daycare.  Just wanted to know what everyone elses opinion is on this issue? does anyone feel the same as me?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:58 AM
Replies (21-22):
southernmom333
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:03 PM
Daycare is great! You get to work and be an adult. I was scared at first to put my daughter in, but if it wasnt for daycare she probably would have never walked. She just wouldnt walk for us and once she saw other kids doing it she was running. Thats how children learn, from other children. Cutting your child off from other children their age and having them stay at home is crazy. Im finally becomming a sahm at the end of this week and Savannah is getting out of daycare, but we will still be around other kids. We will be going over a friends house where she baby sits other children almost everyday. I dont want to take her out of that enviroment so Im taking her to the second best. Daycare is great for kids. You just have to find the right one and do your reasearch on it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
1UniqueMama
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:19 PM
Daycares now adays like someone else stated, teach kids things. They have interactive projects and lessons.  

You know what the best feeling is, is when your kid brings you a "project/present" they made for you at daycare! :) :)

Oh and the mothers day little gifts they make!

Speaking of 3 more hours and i can go get my kids! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)