Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coming down for a visit!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 403 Total Views

Hi, just joined the group.  I live in PA.  I'm originally from NJ, and also lived in Bradenton, FL for 5 yrs before coming to PA.  I moved back up north to be closer to family and friends, but I still don't like the long, cold winters.

I have a 17 yr old, and a 22 month old (with Autism), and a baby on the way.

We are coming down to Cary on Thanksgiving weekend to check out the area, because I've read so many great things about it.  We are going to check out some houses while we are there. 

Just wondering if there is anything I should see while there?  Any good restaurants, etc that I shouldn't miss?  I've read some of the posts in your group, and I like the fact that Cary has a lot of new stores/restaurants, developments, etc.  I like to be close to a lot of stuff like that.  Sounds like the schools systems are good too.  My husband would probably work at the local hospital or outpatient imaging center.  I will be staying home with my son who has special needs.  I would need to check out what services are available for him.

Ok, and thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.  Thanks!  Can't wait to visit!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
14LVL
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I live in Maine and we are considering the very same thing.  We will be coming for a visit soon as well.  Our daughter is 6 and we are reluctant to make a wrong decision but I hear Cary is fabulous and that people fall in love with it immediately.  Did you ever vist?  Did you move?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)