Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes we do deploy.

Posted by on May. 27, 2007 at 8:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 320 Total Views
I would like to comment, yes there is a chance of you deploying, there are alot of single mothers in the service. I am in the army, I didnt start off as single parent, but 4 years into it I became one. I have gone over to Iraq, as a single soldier, and it wasnt soooo bad.. but now that I have a 3 yr old lil girl, my view on deployment, has totally changed...anyway I hope this answers your question.
by on May. 27, 2007 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Soldier_Momma
by on Jan. 4, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Lord yes we deploy! I was deployed four months after I had my son. I had to suck it suck it up and drive on. I still reenlisted why dowrange too. Thats something you have to consider is reenlisting while deployed to get that bonus, yeah its good money but do you want to stay in? Do you have a back up plan when you get out.

mrsary
by on Jul. 13, 2008 at 10:52 PM
we deploy just like the rest of them. i have a 4 month old and a 3 1/2 yr old, husband deployed 6 months ago and i am due to leave in 3 months. i also deployed when my older child was 8 months old some years ago.
JustMeHerew8n
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2008 at 5:57 PM
I am currently in month 14 of a 16 (normally 15 but I have additional duties that require me to be the last to leave)  deployment to Iraq.   I cant wait to get home to my babies.   I am so glad I have internet/phone access to keep in touch with my kids.  That is the ONLY way it is even tolorable.
JustMeHerew8n
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2008 at 7:57 PM

I have created a group just for soon to deploy, deployed and returning moms.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/52447

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)