Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stranded in Stewie

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:19 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

Well, we are! We went to Fareway yesterday and our car had to be towed back. We haven't decided what we are going to do about it yet, but it really sucks since we were making plans to have #2. I think we are going to go carless for a while though. At least Adam got that job in town ; )

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyTails
by Group Owner on Feb. 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM

So we have decided to just live with out a car for a while and it is really confusing people. It is aparently really difficult for them to grasp the idea of not having a car. I am actually pretty happy about siplifying and slowing down our lives. it also gives us a chance to explore our town a little. Tonight we ate dinner at Tarsillas and it was absolutely delicious. Normally we would have eaten out in roch, but this was at least as good...maybe better : ) Can't wait to discover more of our little town : D

Tarabon
by Group Admin on Feb. 15, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Our young and married group at church is meeting at Tarsillas on Thursday night for our group.  Glad to hear that it is yummy.  And I don't think that it is weird to live without a car, if you can get around without one that is great.  It definetly saves on gas and everything else that you need to have a car.  :0)

Sign up with Gold Canyon Candles this month in three installments of only $24.99 plus S/H!!!  I would love to show you how you can earn the last two installments for free!! 

http://mygc.com/tarapiotrowicz

MommyTails
by Group Owner on Feb. 16, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Quoting Tarabon:

Our young and married group at church is meeting at Tarsillas on Thursday night for our group.  Glad to hear that it is yummy.  And I don't think that it is weird to live without a car, if you can get around without one that is great.  It definetly saves on gas and everything else that you need to have a car.  :0)

Well you are the first! You also get a lot of food at Tarsillas ; )

It was a lot of fun exploring the town yesterday and I think we will get more involved with town activities.

ljbaudoin
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Great for you guys that you can live with one car.... that's wonderful! I however, would be miserable! :) I like my freedom of a car and hate depending on someone else... or having to wait for hubby to get home in order for me to leave!

I do think it's great that you are exploring town and getting by with just one. Like Tara said... saves on gas and insurance that's for sure!! Have fun!! :o)

RCrohn
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Good for you!!!  My husband and I are sharing a vehicle while he finishes his degree and it actually works really well for us!!  But I have to tell you, most people look at me like I have three heads when I tell them we only have ONE car!!  LOL

We also:  don't have cable; we don't have cell phones (just the pre-paid phone that my husband has with him in case of an emergency); we don't have internet; and I cook almost every single night.  Most of my coworkers think I live in the Stone Age!!!

Reka

Proud Mommy to Haden, 4 years old

Baby # 2 Due June 2009!!

pregnancy due date

"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."

ljbaudoin
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 9:16 AM

You are amazing! I wish I had some of you in me!! :) I love our 2 cars, love the internet, love cable, and LOVE LOVE LOVE my cell phone! :) *haha* I really should try and cut back... you're making me feel guilty! *lol*

Quoting RCrohn:

Good for you!!!  My husband and I are sharing a vehicle while he finishes his degree and it actually works really well for us!!  But I have to tell you, most people look at me like I have three heads when I tell them we only have ONE car!!  LOL

We also:  don't have cable; we don't have cell phones (just the pre-paid phone that my husband has with him in case of an emergency); we don't have internet; and I cook almost every single night.  Most of my coworkers think I live in the Stone Age!!!

MommyTails
by Group Owner on Feb. 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Quoting RCrohn:

Some how I think you all got the wrong impression! We HAD 1 car...that is the car that went to its grave!!!.

Yes people had the same attitude about us only having 1. We also don't have cable or cell and are all the better for it. We do have the internet, we thought about getting rid of it but that would make it very difficult to run our website ; ) I like knowing that we only watch stuff that we actually want to see though. I try to cook lunch for Adam every day (I work nights) and I highly recomend Personal Trainer Cooking on the nintendo DS...great food with better instructions!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)