Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Families needed!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:50 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 338 Total Views

Heart to Heart Adoptions in Utah is in desperate need of families.  We have many birthmoms due in the coming months and not enough families.  If you-or anyone you know-is interested in hearing more, please contact me.  Or Heart to Heart's website...

www.hearttoheartadopt.com

We are a licensed, private, non profit agency located in Utah. We work with birthmothers and adoptive families all over the country.

Thanks,
Shelly

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LuvMyChloe
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:03 PM

We'd love to help out but there's no way we can afford private, newborn adoption.  In this economy I'm sure it's becoming harder and harder to find those who can. 

Torty_Mama
by Member on Dec. 27, 2008 at 12:41 AM

I agree, my heart is aching for another child but an out of state private adoption is way more than my family can afford but I'd love to hear a little info as far as cost goes, if you can share?

shellyand
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Hi, I am sorry I am slow to respond.  Holidays...and a few babies born this week.  So fun...so exciting!

OK..the cost...this is the not fun part of the process....but reality. Ugh.

Our fees start at $16,500 and go up from there.  Soemtimes that includes medical, sometimes it doesn't.  But the families know before hand if they will be responsible for fees...there are no surprises.  This doesn't inclue legal or travel for the family. (It does cover legal and travel for the birthmother)  Anyway, our situations go up from 16500-30000.  It's going to be rough, I think, with the economy the way it is...most of our AF's finance throuh 2nd mortgages.  Plus, when people are struggling to support the children they already have, it doesnt' seem like many will be looking to increase their families.  But I sure hope they will.  Adoption is such a blessing.  I am so grateful for how it's changed our family.

I am happy to answer any questions any time.

(And I have a Chloe, too!  Love her!)

Happy New Year to you both.  Keep in touch!
Shelly

mommyrachie
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 1:22 PM

My husband and I would LOVE to continue to adopt....but really, how possible or realistic is it for people to have to pay $16,000-30,000? I think that is INSANE!!  How sad for the many wonderful couples who are aching for children and long to adopt and simply cannot afford it. 

norys14
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:23 PM

My husband and I are currenly looking to adopt and for financial ways to come up with the miney. Please wish us luck as we are a the begining of our journey.

LuvMyChloe
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Quoting shellyand:

It's going to be rough, I think, with the economy the way it is...most of our AF's finance throuh 2nd mortgages. 

(And I have a Chloe, too!  Love her!)

Happy New Year to you both.  Keep in touch!
Shelly

And now with the housing market the way it is, that is also going to be tough.  We were going to get a second also, but our house value dropped almost $200K in the last year.  We just can't afford it -- which totally sucks.

Ah, another Chloe.  I love that name!

Torty_Mama
by Member on Jan. 5, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I would love to adopt another child at this time so that my children would be close in age, my daughter is 2 and my son is 6 going on 7 but I don't see that happening any time soon! We just can't affort that at this time

What happens to these babies if there are no families?

shellyand
by Member on Jan. 6, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Best wishes in your journey!! My prayers are with you.  Stay positive!!

:)

Shelly

ssattwood
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM
I have to agree with everyone. We would love to adopt again, but there is no way we can afford it. What does happen if no one adopts these babies? Do they go into to foster care, back with the birthmother...? Good luck finding families. I wish adoption was a little more affordable. We would like another two more kids, but we will have to seen what happens. Sarah
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)