Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are so very blessed

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

Hello...I am an adoptive mom to a beautiful 3 year old son, who we have had since birth.  Even now almost 3 years later as I look at my son the shock is still with me and I cannot believe this finally happened for us!!  After all the years of heartache and pain of wanitng a child/children.  The endless prayers and finally God answered and we are so blessed by adoption.  For me there is just no greater joy in this world then hearing the word "mommy"- He has just brought so much love and joy into our hearts.  We thank God everyday that our paths crossed with our son's loving and courageous birth mom.  We still communicate and have kept our promises of lots of pictures and updates.  I am so happy for these groups which I hope will help with any questions I may have.  As an adoptive mom I want to know as much as I can from eveyone's feeling in adoption.  I want my son to be raised knowing he will always have our support - and knowing the love from his birth parents and his adoptive parents.  Seeing the many post of couples waiting and wanting to adopt- my heart goes out to them. I am just so grateful for my little angel who has filled the emptiness in our hearts.  Adoption is a long and emotional road but in the end the joys of finally being parents are just amazing.  We would love to adopt again, but are thankful for just being blessed with our one little miracle....toddler boy

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jordansmoma111
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:44 AM

I'm so proud for you and your family. We have an adopted son. He will be 2 in April. Congrats!!

SalBac
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Awww, congratulations and welcome to the group.  I love hearing from other moms who "get" what an honor and a privilege it is to help a child Become.  I often think back to our wait for our daughter, and I think one of the reasons I appreciate every moment with her is because we suffered so much on our journey.  I'm happy for you and your husband, and so happy for your little boy.  He's a lucky one!

Torty_Mama
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself! When my babies are sick or in a "special" mood, Before I'm over came by frustration I stop and think just how lucky I am to be their mommy and to be able to kiss away their boo-boo's and it brings me to me happy place!

I love every second and feel honored to have been blessed by adoption.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)