Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FEB 14TH IS MO-DAY!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

Tomorrow is our MO-DAY!! Our son's adoption was finalized on Feb 14Th of 2003. His nick name is Mo so we call it Mo-DAY. We always celebrate Mo & Mad-day. Our daughter Madi's adoption was finalized on Dec 9th of 2006. Every year we go to dinner and give them a gift on their special day and tell them just how much they mean to us and how much we love them!

Does anyone else do anything similar?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SalBac
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM

We always celebrate our daughter's Homecoming Day, which is four days after her birth day.  I still have to think when asked when her birthday is, because her Homecoming date is burned in my memory.  That's the day I became a mom! 

Happy Mo-Day to your whole family!

shellyand
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I haven't ever done that, but I am going to start! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

mommyrachie
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 2:55 PM

We have chose to pick a month of the year to celebrate our family...the first week we celebrate Mommy and Daddy- we will talk about us, how we met, how we grew up, our wedding, etc....then the second week we will talk about my oldest son, he was adopted through foster care so his story is unique.  The third week will be about my youngest son, he was adopted through a private, open adoption and the last week will be about my youngest child, our biological daughter.  Each child will get to pick the menu for the week, pick a special place to go for fun, their favorite picnic spot, things like that.  We have decided to use June for now but as they get older it may not be possible depending on camps, etc.  (My oldest is 3 so we can do it anytime).  But we do celebrate their birthdays and adoption days as well, just in a smaller scale.  I thought the month thing was neat because it was celebrating how we all came together to be a family!

bcsogirl
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I love this idea!! We are only weeks away from ours being final. I think I just might have to "steal" your idea on this one. Thanks for the idea.

cookie1016
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Quoting SalBac:

We always celebrate our daughter's Homecoming Day, which is four days after her birth day.  I still have to think when asked when her birthday is, because her Homecoming date is burned in my memory.  That's the day I became a mom! 

Happy Mo-Day to your whole family!

We do the same thing!  We brought our daughter home on Aug. 27th, 2007, 3 days after she was born.  We celebrated her birthday with a party and then we went to the zoo on her "Gotcha" day!  We also gave her a gift on that day! 

lilylucy7
by Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 8:48 AM

We do Gatcha day too. I swear I have to stop and think birthdays, but Gatcha days I can blurt right out lol! March 20th 2006 and May 15, 2007 are my mommy days! My kids are still little so I did a little something but as they get older it will be a bigger deal for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)