Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reunion With Birth Mother - FAQ For Family and Friends

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 386 Total Views

This weekend we're meeting with our son's birthmother and her parents for the first time since he was born (almost 4 months ago).  We're very excited, and somewhat amused by the questions and reactions of others in our life.  I posted a journal by this same title.  I hope you'll check it out iIf you have time and interest.  This is our first reunion (none so far with our four year-old daughter's birthmom), and I'd love to read about your experiences.  Make a great day! 

by on Jul. 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
adopting_arg
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:44 AM

I don't have a reunion story but I was curious how things went with your reunion? Hope everything went well and that you other child can meet their BM someday too. Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Kellyjude1
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM

That is wonderful.  When our son was about three years old we met with his birth mom and his great grandmother, it was wonderful.  We took so many pictures.  Also his step brothers and sisters came and it was a day of such fun!  Plenty of pictures were taken.  We are so blessed to be able to have our son's birth mom still be a part of our lives.  Please keep us all posted !!

SalBac
by Member on Oct. 2, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Sorry for my delayed response. I haven't allowed myself on any fun internet sites until I finished my book manuscript. It's finally done! I'm so excited!! Anyway, thanks for asking. The reunion was fantabulous. I can't even find the words to describe how great it was to hug his BM and look in her eyes and see her play with him. I got some time alone with her, and we had a conversation I'll treasure forever. It was absolutely awesome, and I can't wait to see her again next year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)