Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

Who has a two year old that is training? Caroline is finally getting trained!!! Today she has asked to use it three times. For all of you who are having trouble...

I asked her if she wanted to wear baby diapers or big girl panties. I showed them to her. She stopped wanting the "baby diapers."

I only put her in underwear (expect some accidents!) unless its bedtime or we are out. Then she wears pullups and we talk about keeping the stars from disappearing.  TRY PUTTING THEM IN UNDERWEAR AND STOP THE DIAPERS. IT WORKED FOR ME!!!

All we can do is try!

Mommy to Caroline Frances and Benjamin Joseph

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
sublime7713
by Group Admin on Feb. 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM

my son did great for the first few months, but seems to have gone backwards with potty training.  another thing that we've started doing is setting a timer for 30 minutes.  when he hears it go off, it's time to sit on the potty.  make a huge deal out of it when they go in the potty... it's a big deal to them.  when they're done, set the timer again.  we have also done a potty chart.  he would get one sticker for going pee in the potty and two stickers for pooping in the potty.  when it was full, he would get a new toy or book.  we've also done little toys and books (or candy) as a reward for using the potty.  every child is different and you just have to find a way that works for them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)