Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a born again believer and GOD has been awesome....kinda long

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

HI my name is Samantha and I have a 3yr old little boy  who has PDD-NOS and he is mine and my husband's world. He has changed so much for us in how we see life. He was dx when he was 2 and a half on april 15th the day before my 22nd birthday. I am learning patience with him and seeing some things for the first time.

I have not always trused in GOD one hundered percent, But through everything I've been through I have realized now how much GOD has playedpart in the good things in my life. I was raised christian went to church every sunday but i wasn't really paying attention. I have had some hard times as everyone does as some point. I started blaming GOD for some of the bad things that happened to me. I have Bipolar and i blamed GOD for giving that to me. I know he dind't but it was an easy way out. I lost my little girl and blamed him but he didn''t take her away he just made her an angel. Thereis so much more that i have blamed him for and I know he was not to blame.

But just recently I decided to give my life to GOD and I go to church now and at first i waslike ok this isn't for me.  My husband and i have had some hard times and he was recently layed off. And we have a car payment and bills and therapy appts for our son and with no money no gas or bill money. SO He's been out trying everyday to find work with no results. and then I finally asked my pastor if he knew anyone that might be able to help with christmas presents for our son and we were just thinking maybe one toy or something. So far every christmas my husband has been layed off so we haven't had money to get anything for our son. And our pastor said that he might know someone. Well come to find out his son be the angel that he is decided to adopt our son for christmas. I don't know what he is getting him or how much stuff he is getting him. It doens't matterif it's one outfit form the thrift store it is still a blessing.

Now his daughter has decided to get him stuff as well. I am so emotional at the thought that these wonderful people are just taking him under their wings and helping him have a wonderful christmas.

Well yesterday my husband was blessed with 2 job interviews. One is today right now and he is there. And the ohter next week. And then  this morning my pastor calls and tells me that his son-in-law is looking for roofers which is what my husband does. they tell me that if jim calls he'll have job with him. Now this is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to us besides our little boy. And I can not even begin to explain how much i appreciate what they are doing for us.  I've gone to my church on and off for a year. And just a few weeks ago I started going every day and really listening to what has been said. I know what GOD and Jesus Christ has done for all of us. And I get it but I never really accepted him. But then one day I prayed and I asked him to come in to my life and just do with me what he will. Ifelt so warm and comforted after i asked him into my life. And now with everything that has happened in less than a week with the job offers and the christmas help I know that he's been here all along and I was turning my back on him not him turning his back on me like I thought.

I am a born again believer and I have had the most wonderful miracle come into my life and that is my pastor and his family. They always ask about how our son is and when my son had his tonsils out on the 27th our pastor showed up with toys and came and sat with my son. he came over just to see him and it made my little boy feel like the most special little guy in the world.  I can not begin to tell you how awesome it feels to know GOD is in my life and my heart.

It has brought me to tears at how wonderful and awesome GOD is. And to know i have lived the last 21 years with my back turned to him thinking he walked out on me just breaks my heart. I could have had him in my life sooner he I had realized that he will never leave and he will carry me when times are hard and I need help. I know now GOD is just a prayer away and that ev en though I don't get the results I tihnk I should something better always happens because now My Life and my son's life is dedicated to the most awesome GOD.  I just had to tell someone how great HE really is. I have suffered from depression and headaches and that to has gotten better

Loving mom to Johnathan and loving wife to Jim

I am a time out, pull up potty training, speak my mind don't care if you like it, spongebob wathcing, horror movie loving, don't messwith my kid kinda of mom. I have migraines and bipolar and a special  needs child and  I don't let anything get in my way.

Check out my group metro atlanta mamas..this group is for all the stay at  home moms in metro atlanta...I live in woodstock....Check it out i would love if you would join...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/playgroups_for_SAHM

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
by-gods-grace
by Group Owner on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM

i ams so glad  things are starting to look up for you and your husband. 

God is always by our side, though sometimes we cant see it.  i am glad that you are at the point where u know he is there, and can trust in him.

Maggie  

christian moms raising special needs children -owner

hopebuilder
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Thank you for sharing! What a blessing to know and trust the one true God. The Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!  There will always be ups and downs in life but when you know Him, you know that He is always taking care of you and has a wonderful purpose - that we will be more like Him, that we will learn to glorify Him in all things, and that He will be praised. 

Romans 8:28 is one of my favorites:

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

God bless you!

Dayna

Brighten someone's day!

Grace notes

berowles
by Member on Nov. 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM

That is awesome to hear!!  I am so happy to hear that you have an awesome Pastor as well!!

When you trust in the Lord for everything He will provide.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)