Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad Mom Tonight:(

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momneedinghope
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Sorry! Hit the wrong key:P 

Just returned from midweek bible class with my children. My four year old has SPD and has  pretty tough time. His teachers obviously don't like him(they are married), though other teachers treat him wonderfully. My sweetie was trying to make his way on the floor to his seat at the after-class meal table and fell against this man. It was obvious he was disgusted, rolling his eyes and gesturing toward his wife. We are new to the church so I am treading lightly. I got so angry though that  I called my boy, said fairly loudly, "we are going home." I didn't leave it there. For my benefit I added a bit louder, "you don't need to be looked at like that." My heart wanted to run and never go back, but there are lovely , caring people who show Jesus' love to all my special needs children every week. I'm not sure I am looking for answers in this moment.... maybe just a bit of understanding.  Thanks for listening!:)

sassymomntx1961
by Group Admin on Mar. 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Ive been there done that and still get looks sometimes.I know that GOD gave us our children cause we're the best for that child.Maybe talk to your pastor and see if he can talk to the couple and explaine things and find out why they are having such problems accepting your child. Good luck 

tblur29
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM

sassy mom....good advice!  Hopefully things can get resolved for you.  I'm new to this but what does SPD stand for?  Mom needing hope, my prayers are with you.

Evana
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Sorry this happened.  Some people get our kids and some don't.  Don't waste your energy on them.

sassymomntx1961
by Group Admin on Mar. 5, 2011 at 6:55 PM

In my understanding it means sensory perception disorder.My dd prob has that but ther is no definate test for it.She gets real upset and anxious if she sees you w/ a whistle,or chewing gum and going to blow a bubble,a ballon and blowing it up.She gets real upset if a motorcycle comes by and she doesnt see it coming.

sugarmomof3
by on Mar. 6, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I am so sorry you have to go through anything like that. Luckily EVERYONE at our church are very understanding and love my kids. We actually have sev "special needs" children at our church. The church I basically grew up in(at least through my teen yrs and into early adulthood) wasn't as accepting(?)-best word I can think of-so I visited a few churches til I found this one about 7/8 yrs ago. We are truly like one big family and nobody has ever looked down their noses at my children-if anything they get more attention because of their needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)