Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bible Studies for parents of special needs kids

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 9:18 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 3587 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I am wanting to start a bible study group at my church for parents of special needs children, do any of you have any recommendations of bible studies that I could use?? Thanks ~ Kileen

by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Evana
by Member on Sep. 12, 2011 at 10:59 PM

No, but I think it's a great idea!  I'd love to have a group like that in my area. 

There's some books and devotions that I have read that were great but they weren't really bible study material.

T21Mom
by Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Books and devotions will work too, please let me know what you read, would love to share those, thanks so much !!  =)

Evana
by Member on Sep. 18, 2011 at 9:38 PM

It's been awhile...Dr Dobson's When God doesn't make sense was a good read for me early on.

I remember reading a book called Angel behind the Rocking Chair too.  I don't remember the format of that book but I remember liking it.

T21Mom
by Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Thanks Evana =)hugs

Lizpalmer
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Any luck w/ small group? I also have been praying to start small group. Any suggestions?
Txs.
Liz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I know someone who has a group like this at their church.  Let me ask her what they have used.

Larsu
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM

That's a great idea. I don't know of any in particular, but God will show you and lead you when you bring this to Him in prayer.

What a blessing!

Laura

sassymomntx1961
by Group Admin on Feb. 26, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Have you found anything yet?

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

T21Mom
by Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Hi Ladies,  I have asked around on facebook and other churches, there is no particular special needs bible study, but there are of course many books for special needs parents to use for a bible study. I have not started a group yet, and have been praying on what to do. The only thing I can think of right now is to pick a book, have everyone in the group read it, then discuss it while using scripture to make it like an actual bible study, since there are no bible study materials. Any other thoughts??  I do know someone started a group and used the "Plan B" bible study.

sassymomntx1961
by Group Admin on Feb. 26, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Whats the plan B Bible study?

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)