Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FTT, developmental delays and hypertonia

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

my son is almost 5 months old with  FTT, developmental delays, and hypertonia do you think there could be one underlying problem that isnt being caught that all these things are actually symptoms of? anyone gone thru something similar and have an actual diagnosis? his eval from his therapist says decreased flexability in hamstrings (he cant bring his feet to his mouth) he has a head tilt and left rotation preference, left curved spine. flexing and extending of legs noted but minimal, decreased activation in pulling to sitting, unable to prop sit, unable to roll, he is deficit in coordination, balance, reaction time, stregnth, endurance, and range of motion/flexability does this sounds like CP? i have heard from many people it does

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Evana
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM

It is possible. 5 months is young to diagnose anything but it seems with everything going on that it's worth looking into. I am an early intervention SLP so I refer children for diagnostics all the time when there are a cluster of problems. Generally, we refer children to a developmental peditrician who takes in all the info, refers for more testing, and then makes a diagnosis (if there is one). Usually these doctors work in bigger children's hospitals.

aewood02
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

thank you very much we live in cincinnati so we have Cincinnati Childrens we go to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)