• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pittsburgh Public School Teacher Assaults Boy With Autism

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:39 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 166 Total Views

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
willysmama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:19 PM

so wrong on so many levels.

sassymomntx1961
by Group Admin on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:38 AM

I would have to be held back by GOD himself to keep that woman from being hurt if i was the mother.My child is adhd,odd and severe emotional disorder and possibly some form of autism like asperbers. Im very protective of her now and have said i would hurt somen if they hurt her. and i would.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

loriann12
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I have been through that with David, but I didn't get to witness it and it wasn't on tape.  I had a mother tell me about it.  David was non-verbal, but wasn't a non-reactive type of autism.  He was the hyperactive type of autism.  They used to throw him in his chair, throw him into the cot, throw in on the floor to take a nap, enough to make you cry.  But I was a single parent living on the poorest part of town and the owner of the daycare was the daughter of the most influential real estate man in town.  Who would they believe?  When the other person wouldn't come forward for fear of losing her job?  I moved him to another day care.  Then my mother overheard a public school teacher verbally abuse him, and we tried to get her fired, but she was tenured.  They gave her a promotion to a new school.  We did get David moved to a better class and a better teacher, so it all works out in the end.  The new teacher and asked for David 2 years before and had been denied him (she saw him as multi-handicapped, and they said only Down's - amazing, huh?) this was before the autism diagnosis.  Makes me wish for lightening bolts from heaven.

sassymomntx1961
by Group Admin on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Im a single mom also and im on a very tight budget. I have been told i have a big mouth and i know that. I would have made sure everyone in tx would have heard about it. News channels,talk shows,my car,radio shows,I would have made sure everyone knew what they did tenure or amily money everyone would have known. The 1 teacher that didnt say anything because he was afraid to loose her job needs to get out of that job if she is more worried about pay and not the safty of a child I dont want someone like her near my child.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)