Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got my benefits back!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 328 Total Views

smile

FINALLY!  After over a month with fighting the two most dumb case workers I've EVER dealt with, we reapplied and we got our benefits back!!  I actually applied for Emergency FS and got them because this month was really bad. 

I am so happy we finally got them and we got $240.00 per month!  Now that Sams takes Snap, I'm over the moon!!

Photobucket

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
complextrina
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM

yay!!! after harassing customer service, they finally gave me the rest of mine (i only got fs for ds bc I hadnt filed child support yet, but even after I did its been like 3 months) so I just kept harassing the main cust. svc. bc the local office people suck, and their phone number goes to a full voicemail box...of course.

MrsFizz007
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Oy vey...I thought it was $240 per month, it's actually $98.00 a month!!!  It's better than nothing but really?!?!  $98!?  Where the hell am I gonna come up with the other $150?!?

Photobucket

complextrina
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 10:10 AM

oh that sucks. did you have more income, or maybe your case worker did something diff and it gave you a lesser amount? the first few months I had FS my case worker (im on about my 3rd or 4th now  they just keep switiching me) had put in that i reported my income to be at 1200...um NO! It was actually $400..........i dont know where some of these people pull numbers out their butt crack.

MrsFizz007
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Quoting complextrina:

oh that sucks. did you have more income, or maybe your case worker did something diff and it gave you a lesser amount? the first few months I had FS my case worker (im on about my 3rd or 4th now  they just keep switiching me) had put in that i reported my income to be at 1200...um NO! It was actually $400..........i dont know where some of these people pull numbers out their butt crack.

I think I'm going to call and ask about that becauses last time we were getting $219 a month for food and now $98?!?!?  Less than half?!  Yeah, I'm gonna see what that's all about.

Photobucket

trebelcleff
by Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Congrats on getting them back, but boo to such a tiny amount!  We just finished a 4 month battle for childcare subsidy, and we got WAY less than I expected, so I feel your pain!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)