Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am tired of waiting for the card to come in!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:55 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

OMG!  I am sick of waiting!  Its been almost 7 weeks since i applied for foodstamps.  I found out the medicaid went through cause I had to go to the ER about 2 weeks ago.  So the next day I went up to DFACS and they confirmed medicaid and foodstamps were approved and that I should be getting all the paperwork in the mail soon.  It was mailed off on the 10th.  Well I finally got the paperwork in the mail on the 18th.  Well its now the 24th and we still haent gotten ANY cards in the mail.  I aint too converned with the medicaid cards but I NEED the foodstamp card to come in.  We have officially as of tonight ran out of food and we dont have any money to go buy more groceries.  Its FREAKIN ridiculous it takes this damn long for the card to come in.

Not Perfect

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
complextrina
by on May. 25, 2010 at 7:54 AM

yea its a pain in the ass, and if you lose the card its basically the same thing...waiting. just try to stay patient, and eventually your card will come to you! good luck!

LokisMama
by on May. 30, 2010 at 8:40 AM

That's freaking crazy.  I had to call to get a replacement card and I had it in a week.

katiebug840204
by on May. 30, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I called to just get a whole new card last Wedensday cause someone told me that if I had ever had a foodstamp card in the past that it was in the system as me still having one and thats probably why we havent gotten one in yet.  So they said 4-7 business days.  So hopefully I will have it next week soemtime.  Its absolutley crazy it has taken this long.  When u reapply after not being on them for awhile they should automatically ask u if u have a card!

luvGodRonNBabie
by New Member on May. 31, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Quoting katiebug840204:

I called to just get a whole new card last Wedensday cause someone told me that if I had ever had a foodstamp card in the past that it was in the system as me still having one and thats probably why we havent gotten one in yet.  So they said 4-7 business days.  So hopefully I will have it next week soemtime.  Its absolutley crazy it has taken this long.  When u reapply after not being on them for awhile they should automatically ask u if u have a card!

I went through the same thing and totally agree with you!!

CrystalJulianna
by on May. 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM

i call for my grandma it came in one week. you should call again and ask whats going on.

katiebug840204
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Our card came in today!  YAAY!!!!  I went grocery shopping and tonight we had the best dinner we have had in MONTHS!

CrystalJulianna
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Nice...

Quoting katiebug840204:

Our card came in today!  YAAY!!!!  I went grocery shopping and tonight we had the best dinner we have had in MONTHS!

badgirl44654
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I made the mistake before of throwing mine away when I wasn't receiving assistance, and then when I reapplied I had to call and report it lost and wait for a new one. They didn't tell me to keep it, because should I  reapply they will use the same card. Last time I went in though they did tell me to keep it. I would say it took approx. 10 days to get a new one in the mail. So should your situation change, and you don't get FS anymore, don't throw the card away like I did! :) It will just take longer to get your FS in.

Quoting katiebug840204:

Weather forecast for tonight: Dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.

ForeverInLove
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Ours didn't take that long to come in....

I would consider calling up your case worker and asking about the possibility of it having been lost in the mail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)