• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone live in income based apartments???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 1299 Total Views

we are thinking of moving into some. are there a lot of rules in them??? i know it depends on location but are they really leniant???

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
two_dark_eyez
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:35 PM
I live in one. They're very nice but strict. I have monthly inspections and if it isn't spotless I get a violation. I've already got 1 because I had just swept and didn't clean up the dirt, the violation stated my whole apartment was dirty which it was not. My lease is also about 24 pages long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkiJ86
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I do.It's not public housing or section 8, but they are funded through them. The company that I rent from aren't strict at all.

summerleigh
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I used to live in a section 8 apartments. The rules are generally the same as any assistance or apartment buildings. No drugs, no people in the household that aren't on the lease, must report all income. Some have long waiting lists. What do you mean by lenient?

mommyofagirl06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM

income wise

Quoting summerleigh:

I used to live in a section 8 apartments. The rules are generally the same as any assistance or apartment buildings. No drugs, no people in the household that aren't on the lease, must report all income. Some have long waiting lists. What do you mean by lenient?

CafeMom Tickers

summerleigh
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:43 PM

The ones I lived in (and this was '01-'02) had a sliding scale which HUD does too. There's a maximum, but whatever falls below that determines what you pay in rent. I don't think they are lenient if you are above the maximum just like Food Stamps or Medicaid wouldn't be.

Quoting mommyofagirl06:

income wise

Quoting summerleigh:

Miss.Cullen
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I live in one. They have rules just like any other apartment but I don't think they are really strict at all! People are not allowed to have pets here but almost everyone does! LOL.

I live here for free, just have to pay my electric bill and 45 dollars a month towards my security deposit. Plus they GIVE me 30 dollars a month. =)

Miss.Cullen
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Oh and I am not on Section 8 yet, this is just low income housing, they base it off 30 percent of your income or something?

complextrina
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Quoting Miss.Cullen:

Oh and I am not on Section 8 yet, this is just low income housing, they base it off 30 percent of your income or something?

where do you live? free....sounds good to me!

jcelis
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Seriously, where do you live?! I'd love to get paid to live somewhere.

Quoting Miss.Cullen:

I live in one. They have rules just like any other apartment but I don't think they are really strict at all! People are not allowed to have pets here but almost everyone does! LOL.

I live here for free, just have to pay my electric bill and 45 dollars a month towards my security deposit. Plus they GIVE me 30 dollars a month. =)

Lilypie

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
shawnalovesdon0
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM

For real where do you live!!!! =)

Quoting jcelis:

Seriously, where do you live?! I'd love to get paid to live somewhere.

Quoting Miss.Cullen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)