Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dumbass worker keeps stiffing me

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:49 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

Ok sorry about the angry title but i am pissed off about my worker.She keeps doing this crap.I've had this issue with her 4-5 times already.So anyways yesterday evening I go to Target to buy some diapers,wipes and food because they have good prices on certain stuff.Mind you it was extremely difficult getting out of the house.I was so fatigued and felt like crap i basically had to drag myself.Anyways its been like this since i been sick..Long story short i get to the register with all this crap, snacks for my poor kids that i had promised them,groceries etc as we barely have crap at the house..So when it comes time to pay i swipe my card and it says insufficient or something or the other and   to contact my card issuer.I swipe it 2 more times all the while i can see the cashier is losing her patience.Thank god there wasnt anyone on the line right then.I was feeling lower then low....I had to leave everything i had there.Target was a 20 minute ride out of town, several towns away.I was so pissed and depressed at the same damn time...To top it all off it's Friday so I can't do anything til Monday morning and we will have to go the whole weekend w/o.I hope karma gets that b!#@& because she's quite nasty and i've been thinking for awhile now its done on purpose.If i wasn't damned sick i would go back to work.I broke down in the car and cried i felt so helpless.I can't even feed my children.I am used to working and buying groceries & now this.Our cupboards were never empty...Please excuse my ranting and raving as i'm so upset ATM. I couldn't even sleep at all.I'm awake since last nite..Any advice please ladies.Thanks in advance.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
silverdawn99
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I am sorry but I always check my card balance before i go to the store. why did she stop it? do you know?

pnkdragonflii
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I dont know why.I didnt receive any letters from her or anything at all..Also i usually check my balance but it had been ok for awhile and my phone service was interrupted...If not for that i would've called. I am just so tempted to get a damn job but am so afraid of the fact i can barely get up in the morning & afraid I wouldnt be able to hold on to it..

silverdawn99
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:45 PM

i am so sorry that your case worker messed you over..i hope you get it straighten out soon

summerleigh
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Go over her head to her supervisor, submit a complaint, and request a new caseworker. Sorry, you're going through this I've had to deal with problems too.

just_glider
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:21 PM
it will be hard with u being sick..but go there and speak to someone. i did it and got everythingfixed. but when u go bring everything u have from them/going there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trebelcleff
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:08 PM

That sucks!  Before everything here switched to "automatic" (I WISH we still had caseworkers!), I had a caseworker that kept "losing" my paperwork.  So I started photocopying everything, and I caught her in a lie because I had PROOF that paperwork had been sent (it required a letter from my DH's school, which was sent by them with a copy sent to us).  She doesn't work there anymore =) .  Can you go to a food bank on Monday?  At least you could get some stuff to tie you over until you get it straightened out!  Good luck mama... I know how hard it can be when the cupboards are almost bare and you've eaten cereal or PBandJ's for a week straight.  Hope things look up soon!

Dolybye
by Member on Aug. 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I can understand it too. They kicked us off when we needed it and didn't even bother sending a letter till the 20th... it took us three months to get it back and they didnt' give us the back. I agree with PP are there any foodbanks or churchs with small ones you could go to?

JacobsMommy05
by Member on Aug. 13, 2010 at 5:56 PM

So what happenend? Do you have it all straightened out?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)