Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WIC farmers market

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 292 Total Views

Has anyone went to the WIC farmers market? This will be the first year I'm going to ours. I'm not sure about everyone else's, but ours will be set up behind our health department and each family will get a $30 voucher. I just wanted to see if the prices they put on fruits and vegetables is real reasonable. Thanks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Cambriagurlmom
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:42 AM

The farmers market where I live SUCKS!!!!!!!! They only have 3 to 4 items and I grow thoes items. I was going to turn down the checks this year but I haven't even been asked if I want them. I wish that AR WIC was better about it (like in areas where there is no farmers markets) but they get your hopes up and then you relize what SUCKY produce people try to sell. I have better tomatos hanging on my porch right now then what theguy with the nasty truck has down at the square.

MommaPit507
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM
The program they are trying here in Chicago is pretty cool. You can go to the markets (There are tons here, with so many neighborhoods) and use your FS card (called Link here) like its a regular store, and they were also giving out "Link Bucks" to match what you spend. I can't remember the other company that was working with the city to get this going, but at least I can get super fresh fruit and veggies with some help to the cost. Hopefully if it works well here they will expand it to other places. Anyone else know of anything like this where they live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)