Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Breast Pump in California?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 319 Total Views

I'm not sure if this question has already been answered...So apologies if it has.

I live in California and I have Medi-Cal & Cal-fresh (food stamps) but I don't have WIC. I have in the past, I could get it now if I wanted. Because as far as food goes, I don't need it.

BUT I've heard that sometimes WIC gives you a electric breast pump to use, and even sometimes keep! Does anybody know if this is true? Could I get it from somewhere else without getting WIC? Could you tell me different places to try and call? Does anybody have the California phone # for WIC?

I can't afford a new one, and for how much people are asking on Craigslist I doubt I could get a used one. The thought of buying a used one is kinda scary also.

Any facts would be great, thanks! 

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Nicolle_09
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Mostly they will give out a hand pump unless you are going to be heading back to school or work. New insurance laws state that they havs to cover pumps now so its best to go through them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kerriwarenda
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
In n because I was going back to school they gave me one, and had to return because I didn't supply enough milk but they would have let me keep it til she was a year old
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TAG9lbs
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:35 PM
I don't know I just rented an electronic one from the hospital in Oxnard from $30
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN