Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Guidelines (some are the same) Please Read.

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2008 at 9:13 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 1108 Total Views

I've changed a few things about the guidelines, but mainly they've stayed the same. Please go by the guidelines and just treat each other as you'd like to be treated (i know, so elementary school huh? haha) But please, if your having a bad day, or you misunderstood something they've said, don't make it into something it wasn't at all before, just apologize and be on your way, i've had to many emails about this in the past, and it must stop! So please, just really read the whole thing and understand it's the internet, not everyone is out to get you!
Thanks and have a great day everyone!

You can always talk about anything in this group, but if you see anyone trying to start anything against you or another member, report it to me, and i'll look into it.

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS! (This means, the Breastfeeding VS. Formula Feeding, That means anything including breastfeeding, such as why and how come you didn't breastfeed, Who's the better parent, Whose the worst parent, Abortion, How you birthed your child, Whose raising your child if you work, Your abusing your WIC, Your Abusing your FS, You Shouldn't even be allowed to be a mother if your on assistance, etc etc etc) We can't help what other's do with their children, it's not our job, unless it's en-dangering a child in any kindof form. Please do not accuse someone of being a bad parent because they didn't do what the books told them too. Every mom has a way of parenting her child, and every child is different) These are PERSONAL ATTACKS PEOPLE, and will not be allowed. I started this group to get away from being bashed, not bring in the crowd of people who basically made the idea of this group! If you see bashing, and think im not aware, please notify me and you will be either warned (depending on what was said, either in the group, or in PM's which i will ask you for) or removed from the group and blocked from coming back in.

No Nudity, i don't mind Breastfeeding pics, or birthing pics, but i refuse to allow abortion pics, they are not permitted, do not put them up, or in anyway put a story up ABOUT abortion that goes into explicit detail. The thread will be removed and so will you.

Cursing is fine as long as you don't start cursing to the point of threatening,accusing, bashing someone in the group. Keep it at a minimum. I know we all have our bad days, which is why i don't mind cursing, as long as you put in your subject before posting that your using profanity.

Be kind writing back to someone. Do not over-dramatize something that wasn't drama to begin with. If you don't have something nice to say to someone, why are you going to reply? I will personally write you and warn you myself if it gets out of hand. I don't expect someone to agree with everything that goes on in someone else's life, but don't be harsh.

Of course i don't expect the Wives of Step-ford in here, your gonna have your bad days, your not gonna agree with alot of decisions other people make, but you need to clearly THINK before you post that everyone is different. Every mother is different, and she doesn't need to explain her choices to you.

A member can post about ANYTHING else in this group that doesn't go against the guidelines, but i do not want any debates. I can understand valuable information posted in this group. It's helpful, but i do not want any ganging up against a member because they couldn't breastfeed, they do the CIO method, they fed their baby solids sooner than expected, what sort of formula they use, why they use formula at all, etc etc. This is their way of parenting, and in no way do they have to cause a fight just to get it through to you. It's their child, not yours. If they couldn't breastfeed, or chose TO breastfeed, its their choice. Again every mother is entitled to her own opinion, but this is personal attacks against a mother, and i don't want to see it anymore. I've tried to be nice about this, and no one would listen, so im gonna have to crack down and just say a firm no from now on.

And No Spaming. I don't want to see any kind of spam against a mom. I don't want ads in the group explaining about your so and so business unless it's important and you think it might help SAHM's in the group have a better opportunity working from home. Other than that, No SPAMING!

A spanking new rule in this group is you only get ONE WARNING if you do something out of the way to someone else in the group, either with a thread in the group, or a PM, or if your dabating and it's turning into a personal attack. I don't want to remove ANYONE from this group, but if your going to be cruel to someone for the choices they make, you will get one warning, and that'll be it. No third, fourth, fifth chances here. Take your drama elsewhere. 

Of course there's no bashing, no name-calling. Just think before you post is all i ask, other than that, if i have anything else to add in here that becomes a major problem, i will.

Tired of being bashed for being on Benefits? Wanna relate to other mom's out there on it? Join our group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/30717/

by on Feb. 18, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Haydensmama29
by on May. 14, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Those rules aren't hard to follow..thanks for making a group like this..

mamabear8869
by Member on Aug. 18, 2008 at 3:37 PM

read and understood!

ecotree-melvina.gif eco friendly mom picture by mamabear8869

SweetPixie013
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:32 PM

i wish more ppl thought this way. I like you. Keep up the good work. Signed....

as always Heather aka...sweetpixie013
Mom of two awesome boys 5 year old and 5 month old
It only takes a min and no info. Please Save Boobs/breasts/TaTas/whatever you call them. Just 2 clicks. One onto the site and one in the little pink box.  Awareness is the Key to happiness.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

lyns-n-babymama
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:20 PM

signed and understood.

mommymelissa24
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:20 AM

read & signed!

wingsfan1234
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I love this group.. you are great!  The rules are simple and easy to follow.
read and understood

Mandi111482
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Understood

tattoo                  tattoo

Married in 2002              Rebekah-Grace                    Hannah Rose

2004                                  2007

lovingmy4babies
by on May. 4, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Read and Understood :)

Theresa111
by Member on May. 4, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I read and understood it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN