Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can u get foodstamps If you quit your job?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2008 at 8:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 3334 Total Views

well my dh is planning  on quiting his job(to much crab going on)  and of course he will be looking for one but in the  mean time  we might need help with food .. can anyone answear my question .. thank you 

I'm  Agnostic ... also sometimes I don't make sense ... I'm just a woman.. I'm not rich ,I get wic but not foodstamps .I live in a getto side of town but I love having extra money at the end of the month!! I love ebay .. love going to swapmeet's ..I have two kids boy  5 and almost 2 year old girl!!

by on Dec. 27, 2008 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Daynaof3
by Member on Dec. 27, 2008 at 9:46 PM

I am not positive but I don't think it matters whether you quit your job or not when applying for foodstamps. It just depends on your current household income, I doubt they will even ask about it. If they do then tell the truth, he quit because of things going on there and is in the process of looking for another job. Good luck.

moontown64
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2008 at 7:27 AM

yes you can our family did .

teddybear002
by Member on Dec. 28, 2008 at 10:04 AM
in alabama if u quit on your on, without being terminated u will not get food stamps....
monkeysmom29
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 12:40 PM

I forgot to put my state .. TEXAS !

I'm  Agnostic ... also sometimes I don't make sense ... I'm just a woman.. I'm not rich ,I get wic but not foodstamps .I live in a getto side of town but I love having extra money at the end of the month!! I love ebay .. love going to swapmeet's ..I have two kids boy  5 and almost 2 year old girl!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)