Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you know you can use store sales, store cards and coupons with WIC?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:23 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 288 Total Views

I live in NY and according to WIC headquarters, we can use coupons and store sales and cards with WIC. For example, if a store has a WIC item on sale as "buy one get one free" and we get the item using our WIC check, we are entitled to the "Free" one also. Pathmark here in NY has a "baby club" where every time you purchase $100 in baby products, you get a $10 off coupon at the end of your reciept for your next order of $50 or more. I use my Pathmark card when I turn in my twins' wic checks and get two coupons every month! I also have "buy one get one free" coupons from beechnut. Beechnut is the kind of baby cereal we get for babies under a year, so every time I turn in a check with cereal on it I use a coupon to get another one free. So, get 6 boxes of cereal per baby instead of three with the coupons. Yeah, they try the "you can't do that with WIC" and make me wait for the store manager & all , but when I show my letter from the state they hurry up and push it through.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
smittnlittlkitn
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM

i hope you can---

i never thought about--- but i would try it myself now that you mention it

IckyStickyMama
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM

ask the store I guess...

when I do my wic vouchers the cashier always tells me to enter my club card number so that the $$ goes toward the "gas rewards program" they're offering right now.  Plus sometimes it lowers the price (like if the juice or cereal was one sale) and the cashier writes a cheeper price on the check...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)