Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dont have a wic apointment till april?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 325 Total Views

OK so my wic office is back up w appointments and my coupons just ran out..i don't have an appointment till April?this is not fair right has this happend to any of you did you just have to wait or is there something like at another office that can be done?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nikkiJ86
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM

I've never had this problem.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:36 PM

u need to call them and ask for emergency wic or sumthin! thats bs not havin an apt til april w/o checks , my apt is in april ... but i have checks left

in loveFaithful Girlfriend to 
                                        ...Ryne (12-6-07)
toddler boyLoving Momma to
                                   ...Mike (9-14-04)
baby girlLoving Momma to
                                    ...Harmoni (12-26-08)

kirstensmommie
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:47 PM

You should call them because I think ifyou go 4 or 5 months with out a wic appt. they can cut you off. I know it probly won't be that long by the tim eyou go back but they have to give you WIC

brittany89
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Quoting my3wormies:

OK so my wic office is back up w appointments and my coupons just ran out..i don't have an appointment till April?this is not fair right has this happend to any of you did you just have to wait or is there something like at another office that can be done?

idk. i have ran out of formula but i just bought some. im acutally no longer on wic because i didnt go to my appt in jan. i didnt bother cause i had coupons for january and wouldnt get formula for feb cuz she is gonna be a year on the 6th.

jemm
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Call them and ask if you can just have check pickups until then. When was the last time you were certified? I think they only have to do that every 6 months, so if you don't need to bring in your kid(s) or their medical coupons/proof of income, then you can just do check pickups. At least that's how it is here. Sometimes just going in will get them to do this also. Depending on where you live, there are frequently no shows  to appointments.

Good luck! Just keep bugging them until they give you checks!

My groups:
Anembryonic pregnancies - for those who had a pregnancy with no baby
Pierce County Mommies - for moms in the Pierce County WA area
Group I admin:
Deals & Steals - Great freebies and discounts
My Site:
BeautiControl
- Bringing the spa home for less and giving women full time income with part time hours.

McClurgmama2
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:10 PM

if you have the wic card instead of the paper checks like we have in MI,then you should beable to ask them to reload your card with out an appointment,i had to do that this winter because my office was to far anf i coulnd get a ride.also they should be able to give you a list of other wic offices.also if you run out of formula before you can get your wic again they usualy have lots of cans at the dr office they will give if you need it and if you go to a local hospital and tell them you have no formula they will help too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)