Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any one go to court for Child Support?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

I really hate the goverment.... I told them that the guy that i thought was my daughters father is not hers... but they are having a court date to make him pay child support.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommymacof3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM

From my experience we ended up having to pay for a DNA test to prove to the government that the man was not the father.  Now keep in mind the government will only take the results from an acutal company that you have to go to a lab and have the test done.  You cannot get one of those tests they sell at Walgreens and try and to that type of DNA test.  Hope this helps....

Daynaof3
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:26 PM

If there is a question about paternity they will do a paternity test at court. You will be asked to bring your baby with you.

just_glider
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM

We had one done over 3 years ago... I think she was like two months old and we had it done.  But when i went back to DES they said that was not good enough but now we are to be in court less than two days after i have a c-section:) 

Quoting mommymacof3:

From my experience we ended up having to pay for a DNA test to prove to the government that the man was not the father.  Now keep in mind the government will only take the results from an acutal company that you have to go to a lab and have the test done.  You cannot get one of those tests they sell at Walgreens and try and to that type of DNA test.  Hope this helps....

Daynaof3
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM

You can ask the court for a continuance. I had to do that when I had my twins because my sons father and I had court for visitation and support two days after I delivered them. They gave us a new date about a month later than the original. I wasn't on assistance though, but I imagine it doesn't matter.

Quoting just_glider:

We had one done over 3 years ago... I think she was like two months old and we had it done.  But when i went back to DES they said that was not good enough but now we are to be in court less than two days after i have a c-section:) 

Quoting mommymacof3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)