Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am about in tears over this stupid case worker!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 720 Total Views

Well my FS are supposed to start on the 4th and here it is the 8th and still nothing.I have called my case worker every day trying to find out what is going on,as usual no call back.Actually i have never gotten a call back on anything since she has been my worker in the last 3 months!I called her 2 weeks ago asking for a referal to the food bank becase we are so short on groceries and she never bothered to even do that.So finaly i called her supervisor and told her whats going on and she gets an additude with me like what do you want me to do about it?!She said she will look into why my FS are still not on my card but she said she doesnt know the computer system well enough and it could take a few day-duh she is the supervisor and she cant work the computer are you  kidding me!!So i tell her if i dont hear anything by friday then i'll give her a call monday to see what is going on and she says like with a chuckle oh im sure it will take alot longer than that,i will probably have to call the help desk and then they call someone and so on so it could be  a week or two.This is just making me sick,we have been out of everything for 2 weeks already,what the hell am i supposed to do?At least she could do is act like she cares and give a little sympothy instead of laughing about it.I cant wait till the day she looses her job and has to deal with all this crap,why do these workers treat us like we are worthless just because we are stuggling.I did have a job i have been working since i was 15 yrs old,it's not like i work the system or try to scam them or anything.I just caught a bad break,the company i worked for let go over 600 people and no one is hiring.No matter what anyones situation we are not worthless and we deserve to be respected and helped,if they act annoyed when we need their help then why are they even doing this job,i meen thats the whole point of the job right,to help people?I just cant deal with one more of these rude a## workers,they have just had me so upset and crying for the last few days trying to deal with this.Idk,i guess i just needed to get that out,thanks for listening.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chagenue
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM

i would contact the state and complain.  in ct we have channel 8 that does stories like that, they investigate and get answeres.  i would submit your story to your local news channel if they do those kind of investigations.  that is crazy, it should not take that long.  they are always jerks btw no matter what and it will always be your fault.

julie148
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:13 AM

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT WHATS HAPPENING TO YOU.  I HAD/HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY CASEWORKER AND FS.     AS FOR THE CASEWORKER, I CALLED THE # WHERE HER # IS LISTED AT ON THE RIGHT HAND CORNER, THERE ARE OTHER #'S THERE TOO.   CALL THEM!!!  TELL THEM WHATS GOING ON AND THEY SHOULD HELP YOU.

MY FS HAVE BEEN COMING IN ON THE 1ST SINCE I STARTED RECIEVING THEM, SO THIS MONTH I HAVE NOTHING YET AND WHEN I CALL THAT # TO SEE WHAT MY BALANCE IS, IT SAYS 0.   SO I CALLED THAT SAME # AND LISTENED TO THE RECORDING AND PRECEDED TO PUSH #'S AS NEEDED, I GOT TO A OPERATOR AND TOLD THEM MY SITUATION AND THEY CHECKED FOR ME AND INFORMED ME WHAT MY BALANCE WOULD  BE AND WHEN I WOULD HAVE MY FS ON MY CARD.  YAY ME!!!   IT'S WAY MORE THAN IT SHOULD BE AND NOW I'LL BE ABLE TO HAVE MY SON'S BIRTHDAY AT HOME AFTERALL.  YAY!!!

ANYWAY, I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IN SOME WAY.  LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.    JULIA

julie148
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM

OH, AND DON'T LET THAT CASEWORKER GET TO YOU!!!!   IF IT WASN'T FOR PEOPLE LIKE US THAT NEED HELP WHEN THINGS ARE TOUGH, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB.  SO IN A WAY, THEY WORK FOR YOU!!   BLOW HER OFF.   MY CASEWORKER DID THE SAME THING, SO I DID WHAT I SAID IT DID AND NOW I HAVE A NEW CASEWORKER AND SHE'S NICE.      JULIA

momma2rhylee
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:39 PM

My caseworker treat me like I was just there for a hand out and that my DH (fiance at the time) was just out crating illegitamite children becuase he has another child and wasn't married to the mom. When I told her that we planned on getting married but just weren't living together but would be and be married when the baby came she said it didn't matter, they would still make him pay.

I told her that i was renting from my parents she said i had to fill out a shared housing form. I didn't like her she was b*****. The medicaid caseworker never got back to me. I had to reapply. I left him a message for like 3 mnths. Finally I just asked the person that answered, the receptionist person. He never put in my paperwork. I had to resubmit everything. It sucked.

I would call their main line and ask whoever answers. They can pull all that stuff up.

twinbies
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:05 PM

My case worker called me last month and asked me if I got our recertification forms. I said no and she asked if I could come in and fill one out and I couldn't because my husband works all the time and we only have 1 car. So she sent me a new form, I filled it out and we handed it in on time. So come the 6th when we should get our food stamp money there is nothing on the card. And of course my worker is out of the office all week and I can't get a hold of anyone else in the office. I'm 1000000% sure she is going to say its because I didn't come in for my interview. But she said I didn't have to, we have had this happen before but its sooo annoying. So the kids and I have been eating eggs and mac and cheese all week.

McClurgmama2
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Quoting julie148:

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT WHATS HAPPENING TO YOU.  I HAD/HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY CASEWORKER AND FS.     AS FOR THE CASEWORKER, I CALLED THE # WHERE HER # IS LISTED AT ON THE RIGHT HAND CORNER, THERE ARE OTHER #'S THERE TOO.   CALL THEM!!!  TELL THEM WHATS GOING ON AND THEY SHOULD HELP YOU.

MY FS HAVE BEEN COMING IN ON THE 1ST SINCE I STARTED RECIEVING THEM, SO THIS MONTH I HAVE NOTHING YET AND WHEN I CALL THAT # TO SEE WHAT MY BALANCE IS, IT SAYS 0.   SO I CALLED THAT SAME # AND LISTENED TO THE RECORDING AND PRECEDED TO PUSH #'S AS NEEDED, I GOT TO A OPERATOR AND TOLD THEM MY SITUATION AND THEY CHECKED FOR ME AND INFORMED ME WHAT MY BALANCE WOULD  BE AND WHEN I WOULD HAVE MY FS ON MY CARD.  YAY ME!!!   IT'S WAY MORE THAN IT SHOULD BE AND NOW I'LL BE ABLE TO HAVE MY SON'S BIRTHDAY AT HOME AFTERALL.  YAY!!!

ANYWAY, I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IN SOME WAY.  LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.    JULIA

I will try that,calling the bridge card # and try to get an operator to talk to,thats a good idea.

Thanks for all your help and listening ladies,im sorry you are all having to deal with this crap too.

babymomma08
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM

i am in the same boat as u.. i have been with out for 2 months and they still havent done my paperwork, i just called and talked to someone.. so hopefully its not much longer..

whatitis629
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2009 at 8:49 AM

hey just wanted to say hope it gets better for you i been there so many times we hardly ever have any food in the house we do go to the food bank when we really need to we tried for fs and got turned away everytime they were assholes to me to my bf is on unemployemnt cuz he builds houses and i dont work and we have a 17month old we came in a few times with our bills and his check of 340 and was told we make to much i think its so stupid its like ok we have no food were asking for help and was told we couold only make about 100 a week so yeah i hate the system but keep your head up and hope it all works out for your family

Daynaof3
by Member on Apr. 11, 2009 at 1:58 AM

To all the ladies here having these struggles I am keeping you in my prayers that you and your family get the help you need asap! I have been very lucky to have my kids needs met, I pray to God constantly that we will make it through each month and each month I squeak by. I can't imagine the pain it would cause me to not be able to have food for my kids, that is just horrible.

I believe strongly in what goes around comes around, all those people who treat you badly will get what they deserve in time. No one should ever be treated as though they are less of a person because they are struggling, especially when they are trying their hardest to make ends meet. It's easy for someone who's never been there to judge, but their opinions of you don't matter. All that matters is that you do your best with what you have, that's all any of us can do and it certainly doesn't make you a bad person or a dishonest one.

Dayna mommy to:           

mommashaybay
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 2:09 AM

i had the same problem. my sons ohp was up for recert and i filed out the paperwork, made copies of paystubs, turned everything in(i always ask for a copy with time/date stamp as proof)

for 2 months i could not get anyone to return my calls or tell me what was going on and why my son wasn't being recertified...finally i ahd to go in and demand to see a supervisor...she was rude but fixed it rigth away when i showed her my time/date stamped copy of the paperwork i had turned in. i wish i coudl have my workers job! i would actualyl help people and return their calls. thank god mys on didn't get sick during those 2 months.

i am a pro-choice,pro gay marriage,anti-absitence only sex ed,CIO,non co-sleeping,spanking,vaccinating,anti drug use, anti teen pregnancy,non-christian,non smoking,opinionated,open minded,Obama supporting, young SAHM & retro housewife who PROUDLY admits that i FF,forward faced at 1,circumsized & disposable diapered my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)