Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh!!!! i started working

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 377 Total Views
well after 2 years i have started working again. no my back is not better but i am being forced to work. we need the money.  this sucks!!! my back hurts!!! i have seen a beautiful new shade of purple but to bad it was on my leg and foot but it was a  nice color. i think im gonna paint my room that nice shade. my doc put me on soma but i can only take one at a time. to bad i feel like i took a sugar pill. will it hurt if i take 2? i need to sleep but i cant cause it hurts to much. how am i supposed to work 40 hours on my feet the whole time when i can barely stand the pain? i was in tears tonight and its only my 2nd day. i actually went into the bathroom and cried cause it hurts so bad but i cant tell my boss that i am hurt cause i will loose my job. if i loose my job i loose my house. what am i to do? grin n bear it? lets see how long i last before i scream.  oh, not even a minute.has anyone taken 2 motrin 800s? is it o.k to do? i dont want to do more damage to my body but if i dont do something im gonna go crazy! help. the heatng pad and soma just dont cut it anymore.
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Alex3mommy
by Group Admin on Mar. 30, 2007 at 4:19 PM
Congrats on the job. Is there a way that you can find a job where you can sit most of the time? Maybe in an office or something? I know that I have to find a job and God knows I am trying, but it has to be one that I am not on my feet.
When you take pain pills daily you can build a tolerance up to them. Then your doc needs to up the dosage. Do you take the motrin before you start working? That should help you some. I don't think I would take 2 800mg of motrin without asking your doctor first. Motrin can cause stomach problems if you take to much. I hope that you will be ok. It is not fun loosing a home. I lost mine, sheriffs sale was March 28th. I lost it because I lost my job in June of last year and have not been able to find one since. Hubby works but doesn't make enough to cover all the bills. I am looking into doing online surveys. A survey company seen my resume on careerbuilder and had me fill out an app. their surveys pay $30 bucks an hour and you can work 40 hrs a week if you want to. If it truly works out for me I will let you know if you want. At least then you can stay at home and rest your back. Let me  if  you are interested in it.

Hugs,
Tracie
snugglyeeyore21
by Member on Mar. 31, 2007 at 1:53 PM
here is my update,   
well i went to the doctors. they put me on 2 soma per day instead of the 1 i was already on and thats it. no x-rays or anything. rest he said. i hate doctors!!! my right side of my pelvis is now 4 inches higher than my left but i should just rest! ugh!!
Alex3mommy
by Group Admin on Mar. 31, 2007 at 11:20 PM
I don't think that rest will fix something like that.

When I was in physical therapy a couple years ago, the therapist told me that one leg was longer than the other. I was ok,  he said it was common. But it was only like 1/4 of an inch. He gave me this pad to put in my shoes to make them the same length. He said that was the reason I was having so much back pain. What I think is that, doctors and whatnot are lazy and just want to give us pain meds and send us to PT that way we are out of their hair for a while.

What is causing you to shorten up like that? Do they know and can it be fixed?
snugglyeeyore21
by Member on Apr. 1, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Quoting Alex3mommy:

I don't think that rest will fix something like that.

When I was in physical therapy a couple years ago, the therapist told me that one leg was longer than the other. I was ok,  he said it was common. But it was only like 1/4 of an inch. He gave me this pad to put in my shoes to make them the same length. He said that was the reason I was having so much back pain. What I think is that, doctors and whatnot are lazy and just want to give us pain meds and send us to PT that way we are out of their hair for a while.

What is causing you to shorten up like that? Do they know and can it be fixed?
well i know i have scoliosis but i was told is was minor. i dont think that if it was minor i would have such a difference between sides. i go to a new nero on the 11th so i am going to ask for new x rays and an mri. its been over a year since my last m.r.i and 2 years since my last x-ray.
Donna38
by Group Owner on May. 3, 2007 at 11:07 AM
Glad you have a job and I know what it is like to be on your feet all day and it just hurts to put on your seat belt something as simple as sitting in your car will raise you off your seat in pain. Yesterday I worked from 9:30 a.m. to 7:47 p.m. I got out to the car I was tired I reached over to put on my seat belt I screamed out in agoney. After I ate dinner(my wonderful husband ordered out)I went upstairs laid down and passed out from the pain.
melneejane
by on Apr. 5, 2008 at 9:17 PM
Have you tried the chiropractor? I have heard if you take an 800 motrin and then like and hour later take a tylenol it has the same effect as taking vicodin..maybe you could try that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)