Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

March 7 HBO Fights

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:06 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 202 Total Views
Show started out with both undercard fights ending early in disappointing fashion. I was anxious to see more of the kid from Indonesia that I had never heard of because he was really skilled. Guerrero just wimped out and quit because Yordan was tougher than he expected and he knew it wouldn't affect his record since his cut was ruled an accidental headbutt and it was still before then end of the 4th rnd. I was surprised he was in such a hurry to quit in front of his hometown crowd. Then Arnauotis is the victim of an early and bad stoppage. While Ortiz is a skilled fighter, Arnauotis is too, and while he may have been momentarily stunned, he was not in such poor shape that he couldn't continue. I've seen other fighters come back much worse. Arnauotis hadn't been down or even hurt prior to that moment and he was still able to defend himself. Bad stoppage and poor officiation. As for the main event, I was disappointed by that too. I expected a more competitive fight from Julio. He's a much better fighter than this fight showed. And is any one else annoyed by all the stupid stuff that comes out of Lennox Lewis' mouth? I just have to vent because this has bothered me for years! He needs to pick up a thesaurus because he way overuses "definately" and "basically". And I like how he referred to James Kirkland as "Kirtland" the 2nd half of tonights fight. He is always doing stuff like that. I respect his ability to analize what's going on in the ring when he is in there (with the exception of the Klitschko fight :P)but as an announcer, he says some of the most absurd things!
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)