Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Grandma for kids

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 383 Total Views

Hi ladies,its hard not having a mom.Whats worse is the kids not having a grandma.Do any of you have the same issue?If so how do you deal?

~Tia

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mefingas
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM
My daughter has a grandma that is 30 min away and she only spends time when we go over there. It hurts knowing how my mom was so excited to find out about her granddaughter and was planning so much. I have tried to have my hubby talk to his mom about stepping it up but it hasn't helped. Now I just let the anger so. There is nothing we can do. Our moms are gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrotcfreek
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I have the same issue. But my hubby's mom has been more involved with the kids since my mom passed away but we live 3 hrs away from family so its still hard. For my daughter its harder for her cuz she was always with my mom cuz my mom babysat her while i was in school.  But when she wants her i just tell her to talk to her and she will hear her. She has even told me my mom has slept with her.

TiaraMom19
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Hi,I have the mil from hell.I wont even go there....lol...Just wish my mom was here for my kids

~Tia:(

chiana
by Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 2:47 AM

my daughter has no grandparents.... and right now we live very very very far from family :( and we moved away from all of our friends... hard making new friends... 

it is sad knowing that my daughter will miss out on the grandparent experience... my grandparents were such an important part of my life... my grandpa was the father we did not have growing up!! and i was definitely a grandpa's girl... and proud of it!!  

lbaby3
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 9:14 PM

My kids have no grandparents either.  My mom was their only one, I am so glad they both got what time with her they did.  My son, who is 19 has many more memories then my daughter who is 10, my mom had cancer before she was born, so she only knew a sick nana.  But even though she was sick, she was a wonderful nana!  The baby coming will have no grandparents, so we will tell lots of stories about its nana, so it knows her that way.  Its hard, I just wish she was here too.

momofTnT
by Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM

well I have a wonderfil mother in law who moved back here after my mom passed away, but it's not the same at all.  she also kinda prefers my son and my daughter gets disappointed every time grandma babysat.  My mom never had a preference over grandkids she loved them all the same.  so that is really hard on me to see.  my daughter doesn't really remember my mom since she was only 1 when she died.  my hubby's dad and step mom are nice and all but they have never been active grandparents.  they have an 8 year old son so they are still busy being parents and they live about 50 minutes away from us. 

kiansmom0423
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Both my parents have passed! My mom when I was 9 and my dad 3 days before my son was born. :( My husband has a mom and dad but neither of them give two shits about our family. It really sucks. I dont know how to tell you to deal cause I have a really hard time. We have never had a night alone since we had children. Which I wouldnt change ever having my kids but it would be nice for them to have grandparents to spoil them, or to spend the night there.

Pisces2j7
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2010 at 3:01 PM

It is very tough.  My Mom passed Sept. 27 this year and was very close with my children ages 7 and 4.  They have a lot of questions too and it breaks my heart.  My Dad passed in 2006 2 months before my daughter was born.  My Husband's parents argue and pout over stupid things and will not contact him for a few weeks.  It pains me that my parents would have given anything to be here so they could spend time with my kids.  I am 31 and I feel that it was not fair for my parents, my sister and I, and my little ones.  I cope because my Husband and extended family are very supportive.  For example my Aunt sent my Kids a Halloween Card and money which was nice.  I think you need to rely on the people you do have that love you and your kids no matter if it is family or friends.

mamaevans0708
by New Member on Oct. 31, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Just like ladies here I have mu MIL. My husband and I just moved in the same town as her.  She is a big help but she also has alot on her plate too with taken care of three of her grandchildren so I try no to bug her.  Yes I wish my mom was here.  I think about that all the time.  My kids are her youngest grandchildren as for the others are over 16.  I could only imagine how my mom would be with my kids.  When I go through my pictures and my kids are by me then I will tell them who she was but they are 3 and 2 so they are not going to understand yet that I dont have a mom, so I have talked to them about her unless I show them a picture.

LilGina
by Member on Nov. 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM

It is so hard because my mom loved my kids so much She was so excited when i told her I was going to have a girl she was just as happy as me maybe more and my DD wasonly 16 months when she passed so she will never know her grandma and that hurts so much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)