Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ur mom is always there

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 296 Total Views

when i was little my mom was so involved with school, sports, pta, band everything i was in.  she went to every event i had and cheered me on no matter what.  i would think "gosh she has to show up to everything"  even my friends would say "wow ur so lucky ur mom goes to everything"  and years later after she passed i ran into an old friend that didnt know she had passed.  he said "i know ur mom went to all the band things for u, but she always made it a point to find me and tell me how well i did.  she was the only one who ever told me i did a good job.  the only person to ever tell me to stick with it.  she's the only reason i graduated."  wow right! we both had tears.  

so the other day my lil one's school calls and tells me that i got volunteer of the year!  i wanted to cry.  yeah i help out alot at her school.  i luv seeing my baby so happy that i'm there.  it's great to have the other kids run up to me and give hugs even outside of school.  and that wonderful feeling when the kid who has been struggling so hard to learn his sight words makes it to the 25 words wall.  i luv it all.  but when i got that call i thought of my mom and how she use to do that for me.  even when i got older and told her "cant i just go alone u dont have to be at everything" she still went to everything.  

she was there for me and so many other kids.  so when they told me it made me think of her.  she was always helping with anything and everything.  she would get all kinds of awards.  and i'm so proud that i can share this award with her, cause yeah she got volunteer of the year for several years when me and my sis were in elementary.  

luv u so much momma! 

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
michellec814
by Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome job!  You know how people say "You are exactly like your mom" only they say it in a negative way?  I LOVE when people say that to me because my mom was an awesome mom!  I hope to be a mom like she was.  It looks like you are following in some great footprints and your kids will talk about you the way you are talking about your mom.  :)

mefingas
by Group Owner on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I am glad that you can realize your mom is always with you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)