Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi everyone(new)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:28 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

Hi ladies, I am praying this is the group for me! My name is Jen, 36 and my son is 13. I am expecting a baby boy in may w/my SO. I lost my mom is aug 2008 rather abruptly(story for another post). I have tried a couple other groups about grief but no one ever posts in them so i didn't find any help there. Please tell me someone that this grioup is active? lol Looking forward to meeting you all and also <hugs> I am sorry about your moms.-jenni

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pamaleener
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Well, what kind of "help" do you need? We've all lost our moms and we can all relate. I am always open to conversation if that is what you'd like. Just let me know, I'd love to talk.

Pam

Bearsjen
by Group Admin on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Pam-I meant the same help everyone needs when dealing with loss. Dealing with mom being gone, holidays, grief of my child missing her, just talking about it helps KWIM? It was aug.2006 but most days it feels like yesterday, especially now that I am pregnant. No one listens about a growing baby quite like your mom....-jen

MommyBoccio
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:44 PM

HI , Sorry for your loss... I lost my mom in august of 2007 unexpectedly aswell... I was 8 months pregnant with my first child when she passed so I understand completely what you are going through expecially with being pregnant and trying to greive, its rough but, I do promise that it does get easier.. Even though you will never stop missing your mom there is a light at the end of the tunnel.. It takes time but it does get easier ... Wish you well and the best of luck with your baby on the way:)

Quoting Bearsjn:

Pam-I meant the same help everyone needs when dealing with loss. Dealing with mom being gone, holidays, grief of my child missing her, just talking about it helps KWIM? It was aug.2008 but most days it feels like yesterday, especially now that I am pregnant. No one listens about a growing baby quite like your mom....-jen

lilbobbigirl
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:00 PM

I lost my mom in september of 2007. My DS was only nine weeks old.  It dies get better, but this first set of holidays was terriable for me!!  All i wanted was my mommy, and that made me feel terriable. 

My best advice is take it a day at a time.  You will have your bad days, but over time you cry less and less.  It really does get better.

brokenheart8707
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Hi. Welcome. yes I think this is the group for you. Like others, we have all had a loss. I lost my mother when I was 18, my sisters were 10 and 12 years old. I took care of her the last year with help of Hospice. She had cancer,and 20 years later, I have the same cancer. I have been fighting it for 3 years now. This group makes you feel good and strong so you can move on with anything. I never feel sorry for myself, because, There are more people out there worse off that I am. But I am always her to listen to anyone about anything. thats what the lord wants us to do, Be there for others and this group is awsome for being there at anytime of the day or night for all of us.
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.
God bless,
Denise

LuvMyBellaGirl
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Hi, and welcome to the group!

I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom.  This is definitely the group for you, go through our old posts to find more information about the group and why I started it.  I was in the same predicament with you, had 3 small children and didn't have a clue where to turn with my grief.  I tried grief counseling, but it wasn't for me.  I tried therapy, but ended up feeling worse when I left than I'd felt when I first got there.

So, here I am.  This group has worked wonders for me, because I know each and every lady here understands my posts and really FEEL my words in their own hearts.

I hope you find peace and comfort here, post anytime!  We'll understand.

Bobbi

Bearsjen
by Group Admin on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Sorry ladies, I accidentaly wrote date of death as 2008, it was 2008. ty you all so much for responding, I am not slamming any other groups(people are so busy) but really the last posts were months old and I just felt even more alone. I hope I can also help you all in anyway I and dealing with your own grief. Write me anytime-jen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)