Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weepy days

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:14 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 137 Total Views

Today was one. My mom's been gone since sep 17th 07 and i have these days occasionally. This was started by having a dream last night and my mom saying "keep calling nancy". I kept asking her who and she never answered. Of course i'm thinking she means my dad since he has alzheimers and hangs up when i call because he either can't hear me or doesn't remember me. It felt like she was really there in my dream i felt her presence. So today i call dad and it wasn't a good day he hung up, which i was expecting but i felt better because at least i knew he was physically still here (does that sound terrible?). Anyway  i've been having a flood of memories from when i was little especially with my dad hugging me when we at the beach. I wish at times i could just go back in time.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LuvMyBellaGirl
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Do I ever know what you mean about wishing you could go back in time.....

I think the dream is your mom's way of having you keep trying with your dad, even on the bad days, like today was.  It's her way of getting through to you, treasure each dream because over time they come less and less often.

greenie63
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Bobbi you always know how to give the best cyber hugs((((hugs)))) back!

Quoting LuvMyBellaGirl:

Do I ever know what you mean about wishing you could go back in time.....

I think the dream is your mom's way of having you keep trying with your dad, even on the bad days, like today was.  It's her way of getting through to you, treasure each dream because over time they come less and less often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)