Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help, please read...

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

I am waiting for a payment from my ex, that may or may not come in a couple of months...I am so desperate for money i have been considering an extremely painful choice...

My moms ring. She loved it, passed it to me and its worth alot of money. I was considering taking it to a pawn shop for the cash and then praying that the money comes in time to get it out of hock. Let me be clear this is a heartbreaking thing for me, but my family is sinking fast... I do not qualify for any type of loan, have nothing else of value and have no one I can borrow money from. I am crying as I write this because I know my mom would say"its just a piece of jewelry jenni, help yourself with it"...I just dont know what to do.

Please dont bash me, I am bashing my self already and if someone here hurt me, it would break me totally...ty ladies please any advice?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michellejenner
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Wow, I am so sorry that you have to make this decision. Im not sure what kind of financial problens you are having but can you apply for assistance (food stamps, welfare etc) 

I honestly don't know what I would do but I would probably sell the ring-I know it means a lot to you but its just a material possession and not doing much good sitting in a box when you can be using the money for what you and your family need. Im not much into materialistic things myself.  And as you stated your mom would have said, its just a ring. Im sure she would want you to do the best for your family.

Memories stay with us forever, possessions come and go.

Bearsjen
by Group Admin on May. 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Quoting michellejenner:

Wow, I am so sorry that you have to make this decision. Im not sure what kind of financial problens you are having but can you apply for assistance (food stamps, welfare etc) 

I honestly don't know what I would do but I would probably sell the ring-I know it means a lot to you but its just a material possession and not doing much good sitting in a box when you can be using the money for what you and your family need. Im not much into materialistic things myself.  And as you stated your mom would have said, its just a ring. Im sure she would want you to do the best for your family.

Unfortuanantly I am in the class of people that they say makes too  much for much assistance, but we dont make enough right now to "make it." the working poor I guess. And what sent us over the edge was the fact that in the state of IL, to renuw license sticker you have to show proof of insurance, so now we are forced to get it. I knwo its wrong but we havent had it for a while as we couldnt make the premiums...and I dont know what we will do. There is just no place else to scrimp, safe, cut out, and no place else to get help....

michellejenner
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 6:13 PM

you do what you have to do to survive. We were in a bind for a while and my mom helped us out-Im not sure if you mom helped you out-but I know all moms want the best for their kids so deep down I think she would be ok with you selling the ring.

Quoting Bearsjen:

Quoting michellejenner:

Unfortuanantly I am in the class of people that they say makes too  much for much assistance, but we dont make enough right now to "make it." the working poor I guess. And what sent us over the edge was the fact that in the state of IL, to renuw license sticker you have to show proof of insurance, so now we are forced to get it. I knwo its wrong but we havent had it for a while as we couldnt make the premiums...and I dont know what we will do. There is just no place else to scrimp, safe, cut out, and no place else to get help....

Bearsjen
by Group Admin on May. 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

ty michelle (hugs) mama.ty. 

greenie63
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I think momma you answered your question. I think she would approve and would be upset to see you in so much pain. (((hugs))) It's just a possesion  and maybe she gave it to you just for this type of situation. Love is eternal, that's something no one can take away.

Quoting Bearsjen:

I am waiting for a payment from my ex, that may or may not come in a couple of months...I am so desperate for money i have been considering an extremely painful choice...

My moms ring. She loved it, passed it to me and its worth alot of money. I was considering taking it to a pawn shop for the cash and then praying that the money comes in time to get it out of hock. Let me be clear this is a heartbreaking thing for me, but my family is sinking fast... I do not qualify for any type of loan, have nothing else of value and have no one I can borrow money from. I am crying as I write this because I know my mom would say"its just a piece of jewelry jenni, help yourself with it"...I just dont know what to do.

Please dont bash me, I am bashing my self already and if someone here hurt me, it would break me totally...ty ladies please any advice?

Bearsjen
by Group Admin on May. 9, 2009 at 12:34 AM

ty greenie (hugs) 

katydidsmom
by Member on May. 9, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I agree with the previous posts. I think maybe your mom gave it to you for just this kind of occassion. Her way of providing for you.

I know it is painful, but sometimes you do what you have to.

Mother to Katherine Grace, born August 23 2007

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Pampered Chef consultant http://www.pamperedchef.biz/jennifergarza

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)