Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why am I suddenly feeling so sad?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 179 Total Views

It's not necessarily about my mom, but I just feel this overwhelming sadness for the past several days.  It's NOT a good time to be feeling down in the dumps, as we're about to go away on vacation on Friday.  I wish I was feeling better about things.

I'm already on anti-depressants (ever since my mom died 5 years ago) and they usually seem to work well enough.  Why the sudden sadness?

I don't want to get to Florida and be sleeping in my room all day long, you know?  That's what I do when I'm down.

Thanks for listening.sad

Bobbi

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lilbobbigirl
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM

It could be anything, even as simple as just a change in hormones.  I would almost go and talk to your DR, sometimes your body can become resistant (immune maybe) to the anti-depressants.  You may just need a adjustment in dose.

I hope you get to feeling better before you leave for Florida.  Have a safe trip and have fun.

~Bobbi Lynn

worrier
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Hi Bobbi,
    I hope that you are feeling brighter today. I know I get like that sometimes. What anti-depressant are you taking? I take Prozac. Maybe you need to switch to a different one. I get down before a trip also, it's like you feel in your mind that you should be excited and it your feelings go in the opposite direction.  I'll pray for you sweety, that you can snap out of that mood and look forward to sunny Florida! Your so lucky, I wish I were going. Have fun!!!!
Kris

mefingas
by Group Owner on Jun. 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I am sorry that you are having a hard time. I hope that tomorrow will be better.  Enjoy your vacation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)