Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 195 Total Views

Baby Girl!!

We found out today that we are having a girl!!

About a month back I told my dad I was hoping for a boy so that if anything ever happens to me she won't have such a hard time during the teenage and other womanly times in her life. My dad told me that it was still hard for my older brother especially since everyone around us was thinking of "the girls" and that my brother lost his mom too. My dad thinks it's not good to be thinking like this. It's not but I cannot help it.

A part of me did want a girl still because we've had a girl name picked out before my son was a thought, Evie Rose. We fought about the spelling for a bit but we agree on this one. Also it'll be nice to have at least one of each.

My mom passed young at 41.  When I am 41 she will be..about 20. I started my family as soon as I new I was going to be with my husband forever so I can be with my children and husband as long as I can.

Thanks so much for reading girls! I love the support this group has because we have all been though it. Although it will be 7 years Dec 2nd, it's great to still have support since it still hurts, just less often as time goes on.

<3

Sam

pregnancy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bearsjen
by Group Admin on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I can understand the fear of dying young but honey there is no valid reason to believe it is there? I mean is there some proof that you too will ahve to leave early? Just wanted to put some positive vibes out there...it doesnt have to be like that. :o) congrats on the girl. I wanted a girl so so badly to name after my mom. I thought a girl would be like having a little mini linda, but that wasnt clear thinking of course. But once they said boy, while momentarily disappointed maybe, it just felt so RIGHT. Like it was supposed to be another boy.Your dad is right, brother lost a mommy too, so can you comfort each other?

congrats on your daughter...evie, very cute.

Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Thanks my sister and I had to compromise. I got to wear my mom's wedding dress and she gets to name her baby girl after her.

I know there is not valid reason yet but I did have an irregular pap. They cannot do anything more because I am under 21, but give birth will help "Get rid of those Cells" my doctor said, and if not I am 21 in February.

Quoting Bearsjen:

I can understand the fear of dying young but honey there is no valid reason to believe it is there? I mean is there some proof that you too will ahve to leave early? Just wanted to put some positive vibes out there...it doesnt have to be like that. :o) congrats on the girl. I wanted a girl so so badly to name after my mom. I thought a girl would be like having a little mini linda, but that wasnt clear thinking of course. But once they said boy, while momentarily disappointed maybe, it just felt so RIGHT. Like it was supposed to be another boy.Your dad is right, brother lost a mommy too, so can you comfort each other?

congrats on your daughter...evie, very cute.

LuvMyBellaGirl
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Congratulations on the news!  It's so wonderful having a daughter!  You've got some precious times coming up in your life, and you're going to enjoy every minute of them!  Congrats again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)