Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

D day

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

today is the day my mom died. 3 yrs ago in the afternoon. surrounded by those who loved her.

my son was braver than I...he stood by her side, not flnching one bit and held her hand and stared into her face watching...waiting.I was falling apart, couldnt stand still, kept chanting thru my tears,"oh no this isnt real, oh mom oh mom..." and jake...he stood with her and walked her from this world.

he was 11 yrs old.

and she was his best friend,

and she was mine...she was my everything and i miss her with a hurt that has no words.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lilbobbigirl
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 1:16 AM

<<<<Hugs>>>>

your son is a brave man.  your mom needed his strenght.  and so do you.  remember your family is always here for you, and so are we.

~Bobbi

Bearsjen
by Group Admin on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Quoting lilbobbigirl:

<<<>>>

your son is a brave man.  your mom needed his strenght.  and so do you.  remember your family is always here for you, and so are we.

~Bobbi

ty bobbi, I know you all are here for me and I need that so much.

I am sorry I have been so down...its just been a really rough time for me and my family and not just because of mom. life is what it is, and I know God is watching out for us. Its just hard sometimes to see the light yanno?

lilbobbigirl
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 6:43 AM

Trust me I know that feeling.  Its really hard to accept help when you are having a down day as well..... (at least for me...)

mefingas
by Group Owner on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I thought of you all day yesterday and I tried so hard to get online so I could atleast wish you well. It is going on the 2nd year for me and those days will come in March.  It's amazing how strong and brave your son is, you taught him well.  Remember that your mom is still your best friend, and try to remember all of the good times.  I hope that someday the hurt that we all share will lessen, even if just a little.  Good luck and I hope that your days get easier.

LuvMyBellaGirl
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, hoping you made it through yesterday without too many tears and heartache.  We're all here for you.

katydidsmom
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 1:30 PM

im sorry

I know these days are so hard----you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mother to Katherine Grace, born August 23 2007

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Pampered Chef consultant http://www.pamperedchef.biz/jennifergarza

TheMom0217
by Member on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Oh, Jen - I just saw your post and didn't realize it was the 3 year anniversary of your mom's passing. Did you get a chance to talk to Jake yesterday? (I don't know how often you have phone contact). I hope yesterday was still a good day for you. I know it's so hard, whether it's a week, a month, a year or many years later. When it comes to missing my parents, sometimes it feels like I lost them just yesterday and sometimes it seems like I've been missing them for many years. Either way, I hate the "what if" questions I often have. Best we can do is move on but of course honor their memories. Take care, Lisa

worrier
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I'm sorry, I know the pain of time passing by and missing your mom. I was with my mom also and it was unbelievably horrible. It's amazing how are children are so strong. She knew that you were their. Your son is a very special boy.

Bearsjen
by Group Admin on Sep. 4, 2009 at 1:34 AM

I am so grateful for each of you. ty ty ty..I wish my mom could have met you all, and you her....matches made in heaven :o). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)