Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HI :-)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:49 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 176 Total Views

Bearsjen has been telling me I need to join this group forever...... So here I am :-)

I decided to join now because I'm between deth dates.  I didn't lose one mother, I've lost two.  My mom (the woman who gave birth to me) died 35 years ago this month at the ripe old age of 20.  I was 6 months old.

I was then raised by my grand parents who I decided when I was 5 to call mom and dad.  My mom die 19 years ago this September.  I was 16.

I have a 2.5 year old little girl and a 4 month old baby boy.  Mommy #2 would have especially loved him.  She loved kids but had an extra soft spot for boys.

It's been a long time but I miss them both every day!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ANGIE613
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Your friend is right, the group of ladies here are awesome.  I usually sit in the sidelines, reading others stories and occasionally typing in something but knowing I have this group does wonders for me.  To have lost your moms both at such a young age is heartbreaking.  I am thankful that I had almost 33 great years with mine.  It was still far too little of time.  It's been a little over 2 months since she passed.  I had just given birth to my daughter 7 weeks before she passed.  I have been living over a thousand miles apart from her for the past 3 yrs so she never got to meet her granddaughter but she did have 12 great years with my son.

Sit back and read the posts here.  You are not alone and we are all here for each other.  You have 2 beautiful little ones and I know your mommy's are watching over the three of you every day.

Bearsjen
by Group Admin on Sep. 4, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Jen I am so glad you came in :o). (hugs) yanno you and i talk about this alot and I been thinking...the book others have mentioned "motherless daughters" may help. I think that sometimes people think that since a person was young that it doesnt effect your adult life, for example you lost bmom at 6 months...but I bet it might effect you. and ef mom 2 effects you, I think that when something so earth shattering happens when we are young, it makes us question any kind of trust and consistency in life.

why trust/love/bong with anyone when they can be gone in a heartbeat? so therefore we are always holding back...wouldnt we be amazing if we could find a way to trust that type of love again?

oh boy i am a ramblin lol. welcome Jen, (hugs) we are all here for you.

stephland3
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 8:54 AM

I am glad you are her, I am a new member and just lost my mom in June.  There are wonderful woman here who really do help:) 

LuvMyBellaGirl
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 9:44 AM

How tragic to lose BOTH of your moms at such a young age!  I'm glad Jenn talked you into coming here.  I hope reading other stories of the women here help you to understand that you're not alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)