Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you miss the most about time with your mom?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 241 Total Views

I was just wondering what everyone missed most about the time they had with their moms. I know some of the lists could go on and on but im sure there is one lil thing that you wish you could have back. I know mine is coming home at the end of the day and bitching about whatever happened or was said,and she just listened to me rant and rave. I miss that.

Proud Mommy to Jadyn

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ANGIE613
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Ever since I could remember every time we would say I love you, she would say to me, "I love you more than you love me."  We would go on a few times back and forth... no you don't, I do... uh uh, I do.  When I gave birth to my son 12 years ago, I told her I now knew what she meant by that.  It was always a game to me to see who would give in.  I told her the first time I held my son that I would still play the game but I know the feeling of a mother's love for their child.  7 weeks after my daughter was born, my mom passed on June 20.  She never got to meet my daughter but I know that when I play the same "game" with Olivia, my mom will be laughing from above.

michellejenner
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Just talking on the phone

MY lived about 100 miles away so we got to see each other a few times a year.

But we always talked on the phone 2-3 times a week. Sometimes we would just talk about nothing and sometimes she would call me or  would call her to tell her something good or bad.

I miss not being able to tell her good news.

lilbobbigirl
by Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Lol,  I really miss my mom doing my hair.  We did each others.   I would dye hers, and she used to highlight my hair.... she also used to french brade my hair.  I enjoyed that sooooo much :)

worrier
by Member on Sep. 1, 2009 at 11:47 AM

She's the only person I ever knew that loved me no matter what. Her sense of humor, she could have been on TV, totally hillarious! To know her was to love her.

we2angels
by Member on Sep. 1, 2009 at 11:01 PM

That person to be able to call on the phone and just gripe or just drone on and on.  Even now I'll grab my phone and realize I have no one to call because everyone in my phone book wants the reason for the call and then to be done, she was the only one to listen to me.  And never judge.

Proud SAHM to my beautiful Milena
She is the color in my world...

stephland3
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 9:27 AM

What I miss the most about my Mom is talking to her 10x a day about anything and everything. She was the only person that got as excited about my kids as I do. I miss her every day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)