Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEW Valentine Ideas?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 319 Total Views

Looking for some fun ideas for the kids this year... (if you don't celebrate Valentine's Day, please don't reply)...

To celebrate, we make a lot of Valentine's for family, do heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, heart shaped pizza for dinner, and do a countdown for 14 days (Feb 1-14) where I wrap Children's Books about love/Valentines (our own collection) and we open one a day. DH and I give the girls one small gift each, and we do a Valentine Hunt with plastic hearts (from $1 Spot at Target a few years ago) - like an Easter Egg Hunt.

I'm looking for more ideas - specifically cute homemade cards kids can make and a creative idea for the "one gift" from us to the girls this year ($10 max/ea - ages 5 and under).

What do you do to celebrate with your kids? Would love to hear other traditions.

PS: There are a LOT of great ideas in this forum!

by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momoflilangel
by Member on Jan. 22, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I'm not the craftiest person ever so I usually google ideas that are age appropriate for my daugher. We normally do crafts (homemade cards, decorations, and such). On Valentine's Day we wear red and/or pink, decorate the table, light candles, make a fancy dinner, make heart shaped dessert together, and exchange small gifts such as candy.

I liked your heart hunt idea.

mna_823
by Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I like the heart hunt idea.  I think I'm going to Valentines day cookies and have DD decorate them.

orangeillusion
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:02 PM

for my 2 yr old i had her decorate (with help) a small box i wraped w/left over christmas paper wrong side out. once it dried i cut a slit in the top of it for love notes from mom dad and anyone else who wants to tell her something. on the 14th she will open it and dh and i will read her all the wonderful things in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)