Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autumn Traditions?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 11:45 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 318 Total Views

Autumn is just around the corner... what are your family traditions? We love a local Apple Festival, Apple Picking, Apple Cider Donuts, visits to the Pumpkin Patch, reading the Parable of the Pumpkin, and long walks in the woods!

What do you love most about Autumn? Any creative ideas?

Click to join our group: Christian Celebrations

by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momoflilangel
by Member on Aug. 22, 2009 at 8:56 AM

We visit the pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin. Then we take it home and carve it with a happy face and bake the seeds. We also bake in the kitchen together. (pumpkin pie, cookies, etc.)

What I love most about autumn is decorating for it and the thankfulness that the season brings. It is a cozy kind of season.

If we weren't in FL I know that I'd love the "cool" weather that we don't always get here and the changing of the leaf colors.

iluvcallalilies
by Group Owner on Aug. 22, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I love the colors of autumn! We have a local Apple Festival in a rural town not far from us (45 min) - the hills are beautiful with the trees. In the parade, the Girl Scouts give out apples instead of candy! It's a really nice "small town" fair - we LOVE IT (big switch for our city life). ;-)

Mommyof3yippey
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I LOVE to have a family bonfire! We roast hot dogs, smores and enjoy Cider. We then get in the back of the truck and cuddle up and sing Christian songs all throughout the town!! 

I can not wait! 

Aldea
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 5:28 PM

It's a beautiful crisp Autumn afternoon here today !  After Church we let dogs out of the pen to run around and be frisky !

We like to do all that is mentioned above .  In another week or two we will be picking apples at the orchard and make the usual tons of applesauce , apple pie, apple crisp, and apple cookies.  We will also walk through the woods on the path.  I love this time of year for that.  I'll put my cardigan sweater and blue jeans on and sneaks and walk through the fallen leaves and get vigorated !

iluvcallalilies
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2009 at 3:05 PM

We visited a Pumpkin Patch and read "The Pumpkin Patch Parable" by Lizz Curtis Higgs and "My Happy Pumpkin" by Crystal Bowman last week. I love those books!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN