Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Showing..

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 357 Total Views

Any of you ladies showing your dogs now that show season is in full swing?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
WildHairAcres
by Member on May. 9, 2009 at 6:33 PM

We went to one show a couple weeks ago and have more coming up in the next weeks.  Bear was BOB both days and our puppy did well at her first show.  She was best puppy and Puppy Working Group 1.  Hopefully next weekend at the specialties, she'll remember what she is supposed to do. 

hms1223
by Member on May. 10, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Unfortunately we haven't done anything or even gone to any!  With the baby coming any minute and all of Keisar's skin issues and looking so bad I don't even want to bring him to a show for socialization!!  I don't think he will ever show anyway.  Oh well! 

Love, Holly

WildHairAcres
by Member on May. 14, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I'm off to specialties and all breeds around Kansas City (Sunflower KC).  If anyone is attending these shows I'll be hanging out at the Saint Bernard ring and would love to meet you.  Just ask for Micki.

villarose
by Member on May. 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM

No shows for us!  Between Sidney's broken canine and her short hair, we wouldn't have a ghost's chance of placing.  It would be lovely to show Akasha (apricot pug) but alas...AKC and the PDCA still don't 'like' apricots.  Perhaps next year we'll have a few better prospects!  I am actively seeking the 'perfect' stud to match with Sidney (OES).  You'd think it wouldn't be too hard with her excellent hips and all of her other clearances but *sigh*.  Ah well, I skipped this heat so I have until October to line something up.  Sometimes it seems like the only available guys haven't been screened...

Good luck to everyone showing!

Casslou1
by Group Owner on May. 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I've got a few shows lined up but nothing too huge. Staying close to home for another year or two while my kids are young. Plus my son just had surgery and my daughter will be having surgery in July. Crazy life :)

preview image 

preview image 

senieisaiahsmom
by on May. 17, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I'm not sure if we are going to make any shows, my husband had a heart attack a week ago and had surgery and he has to go back in 3 wks for another surgery to put another stint(sp) on the other side of his heart.  I also have a dog with some health issues going on.  So, we will probably wait until the end of summer or the school year to start back up.  We will have to see how things work out.  Good luck to all that are showing.

senieisaiahsmom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)