• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EXPRESSION CLUB - February 2009

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 394 Total Views

Our FEBRUARY project is inspired by LOVE, PASSION, WARMTH, CARING, LIFE and all things managed by our HEARTS.  

That being said, this EXPRESSION CLUB is called:

"EXPRESSING GRAND EMOTION" 

Some things to consider:

The word love is both a verb and a noun.  This diversity of uses and meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.

Love has many different meanings to all different types of people. There are many stages of love at different ages and different types of love. Therefore, it only makes sense that the real definition of love is open to interpretation. 

WHAT DOES LOVE MEAN TO YOU? 

Here is the time-line for this project:

POST DATE - Your final expression should be submitted no later than FEBRUARY 28th, 2009.  REMEMBER - Your project should be displayed as a reply to THIS topic and it would be helpful to include a short description of intent, media, inspiration, etc...along with a photo if possible. This gives us about 6 weeks to create, appreciate, or inspire!

CONTEMPLATE - As soon as people post, please take the time to look at their creations.  Please take the time to check back regularly.  As always, remember that we all enjoy feedback so please take the time to post some of your thoughts with your submissions as well and considering what others share. 

RELATE - Please feel free to share your thoughts and impressions of everyone else's posts as soon as they show up.  Please remember to be respectful in your critique.    

~ A candle loses nothing by lighting another...Share your light! ~
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
shishon99
by Group Owner on Feb. 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Here is my project.  It is acrylic on canvas. 

I was inspired by how powerful positive energy is.  I was thinking after the super bowl on Sunday that you could just feel the sizzle in the air....and while it wasn't something that we really thought too much about....if great masses of people feel good, enjoy themselves and are excited about something...as was the case with the super bowl around the country...that emotion creates an energy and that energy, if we are in tune with it can be felt and passed on!  .....AND how much greater is the emotion of LOVE!   "The greatest of these is love!"  ....

So I call this painting:

"LOVE RADIATES"

TwinMomma2006
by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM

gorgeous!

shishon99
by Group Owner on Feb. 11, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Thanks!  I made cards out of the print and sent them to friends!  :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)