Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your SO cheated on you and told you about it years later, what would you do?

Posted by on May. 30, 2009 at 3:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 421 Total Views

Poll

Question: If your SO cheated on you and told you about it years later, what would you do?

Options:

Go crazy and make him pay.

Forgive and forget

Forgive him but punish him for a long time

Go out and cheat on him

Ask for some space

Break up with him/ get a divorce

It depends on the situation

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

My fiance and I decided one night when we were telling each other secrets that we had never told each other. He finally told me that he had cheated on me a couple of times in the beginning of our relationship. We have been together for almost 4 years, so what should I do? Is it stupid of me to forgive him and stay because I love him & we have a baby on the way?

by on May. 30, 2009 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
XAViERZMOMMY
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 6:35 AM

It was spring practiclly summer & my son was almost 2 yrs old when my S0 dropped that bomb om me. We we're talking about marriage & he wanted to kno if I'd ever cheated on him, I said no, then he said he was sorry. He told me & I couldn't wrap my head around what he was telling me, so I asked for details: when, where, who was he with, do I kno her, etc. I was shocked when he described one of my friends I had become close with at that time. I had never introduced them to eachother so I was bewildered as to how he ended up cheating on me with her. When it settled I was mad but I forgave him, sooner than I let him believe ^_^. We we're young, I knew he'd eventually become curious but I also knew he meant it when he said he was sorry he hurt me, he loved me & he wouldn't do it again.

I don't regret giving him a second chance because it made us wiser, stronger, as individuals, as well as a couple, plus everyone deserves a second chance . . . within certain limitations of course ^_^. But search your feelings, listen to your heart & decide for yourself whats best, don't let anyone influence your decision, but never forget what once made you stronger & wiser today. Learn from the mistakes of the past, they may help you in the future . . .

hugs               good luck

soon2bemama2008
by on Jul. 31, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Love is a choice. If my husband were to cheat on me I'd still stay with him not because he's the father of my girls but because everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. When we took our vows we said for better for worse for richer for poorer in sickness and in health so no matter how many times he messes up I will still love him and be with him because it's my choice and I chose to love him 4 1/2 years ago. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lapis_Lazuli
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:50 AM

If it was truly very early in the relationship, then I would really try and keep it in perspective--it took courage to tell you, and he has been trustworthy since, so I would PROBABLY forgive him. That being said, I assume the trust would be shaken, and it would have to be something we worked past together.....

Do what you feel is right in your heart. Good luck, sweetie 

Tink05215
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2011 at 1:18 PM

That's a tough one. He should have been up front about it in the first place, but if was early on maybe just take some space. Trust is a huge issue here, but it really depends on how you feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)