Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fever

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:36 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 219 Total Views
Hi ladies
My daughter is 4 months old and has a fever of 100.1 with no other symptoms.  Is it possible this fever is from teething?  I am really worried about her.  I have given her tylenol twice today and it doesn't seem to touch the fever.  Any help would be appreciated.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
readymademom
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 2:25 PM
i was just told by my neigbor who is a registured nurse to give tylenol and ib profin first tylenol then after about four to six hours give the other that should knock the fever out.

Also give her a cool bath or take cool wash cloths and put it on her heah and under her armpits and in between her legs she might cry for a little but it should start bringing the fever down right away.

You should aslo give her a teether or biscut (under supervision of course). Ive also found that a wet cloths wrapped around your finger and rubbed on her gums helps to calm her down.

I hope that helps
I have a bit of a problem my self with teething. Ive never had the problem with my son but my little girl has had a fever for three days. I know she is teething but im not sure how long the fever can go on before i should take her to the doctor.
teddybear002
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2007 at 10:51 AM

I HAVE A 10 MONTH OLD AND SHE IS TEETHING. AND I WAS TOLD TO ROTATE TYLENOL AND IBPROFREN. AND IF THE CHILD HAS A FEVER  FROM TEETHING THAT THE FEVER WILL NOT GET HIGHER THAT 100.1. IF IT IS OVER 100.1 THAT IT IS CAUSED FROM SOMETHING ELSE NOT TEETHING.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)