Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know what good it'll do, but.....

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 7:51 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

I have a prayer request.

I was watching Fox News earlier and I'm sure most everyone knows about the Government Shut Down by now, if you watch the News. Well, the folks on Capital Hill are supposed to make a decision by Friday at Midnight about the Budget Spending, etc..... otherwise, and I quote the words from President Obama, "If a decision is not made by Saturday there will be a Government Shut Down!"

Now this government shut down will have a BIG affect on Military Personnel and their families, this means my DH won't be getting paid.  Now he'll get a pay check on this next pay day to cover expenses from April 1st - April 8th, which isn't much, let me tell you....after that we won't be getting anymore pay checks until this is all straightened out and fixed.

I am very concerned with how this Government Shut Down will affect me and my family, without that pay, how can I pay the bills I have to pay (DH's truck payment, cell phone bill, storage unit, Star Card Payment, Insurance) that I am responsible for paying?

Please pray that the Government Shut Down does NOT happen and if it does, please pray for all the Military and Military Families this will affect!

by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamagoose524
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 6:52 AM

This is a big concern, & my heart goes out to you.  I've been in this situation. My family is military.  My DH was career Air Force, now retired, and 2 of my 3 sons are active duty (one Army, one Air Force).  There have been several years where we had to sweat out this scenario.  All I can say is that every time they came through with a decision in the final hours.  I think most of Congress & the President realize that not voting in the budget would be political suicide.  But still it is not something to take lightly.  We all need to pray for our government & for our military.

Alieda
by Group Owner on Apr. 7, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I will be praying I have not be in your place but know how hard it is to try in pay bills when there is no money or little money coming because of Lannie being unemployed. Also I remember one time he work for a firm that was always bouncing their pay checks. The only thing that save us was Lannie was list at the bank as the account for the  firm so he would also call the bank to see if his check would pass, if it would it was lunch time at once before it would not. What a mess!

Cenedra64
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM

that's a good sensable prayer request.  A lot of people were freaking out yesterday and losing their cool instead of taking it to God in prayer...well there is no shutdown so I believer prayers were answered. Thank you Lord!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)