Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colonoscopy tomorrow UPDATE IN RED

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 1:15 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 361 Total Views

I HAVE to have one of them because the doctors cannot find out why I am severely anemic.  That's their second to last resort.  The last one is a bone marrow biopsy.  I am on a clear liquid diet all day and around dinner time have to drink a bottle of miralax.  I'm hoping it doesn't taste too bad since I have a quick gag reflex.  The test is at 10:30 on Friday morning.  Please pray for me.  I'm NOT looking forward to this AT ALL!!! I'm actually dreading it.  Thanks Ladies.  I know I can count on you.

Had it done this morning.  Don't remember anything past getting the IV stuck in my arm.  LOVE VERSED!!!! and an IV antinausea drug.   Home on restricted duties until tomorrow around noon.  The worst part was when I was prepping for it and by glass # 7 of the junk, my stomach rebelled and I threw it up.  It didn't really taste bad.  I mixed it in lemonade vitamin water.  Only problem was it was a little salty tasting.  And, I am not a salt-eater.  Now I wait for a couple of weeks for results.

THANK YOU ALL FOR PRAYING!!!!!

by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
blessed33
by picture book on Jun. 23, 2011 at 4:04 AM

I'll be praying for you! I know you'll do fine & all will go smoothly. :) My daughter (20) had one of these a few months ago and they put her out completely-her request, but you can stay awake I think. Many years ago, Katie Couric had one done to her on live tv when she was on the Today show, to show folks what the proceedure is all about.  You'll do fabulous! :)  Keep us posted♥

Alieda
by Group Owner on Jun. 23, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I am pray for you today and tomorrow but you will do fine.

mamagoose524
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 8:40 AM

I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers.  Think positive thoughts.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you...I can do all this through him who gives me strength. "-- Philippians 4:8, 13

Mommee42boyz
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 8:29 PM
Amen! Agreeing with you in prayer.

Quoting mamagoose524:

I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers.  Think positive thoughts.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you...I can do all this through him who gives me strength. "-- Philippians 4:8, 13

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)